Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 69.57%
  • No

7 30.43%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Do We Consider A Restart?

Originally posted by yeszir+Nov 15 2004, 08:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (yeszir @ Nov 15 2004, 08:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DOrtiz4prez@Nov 15 2004, 07:30 PM
    I think we shouldn&#39;t have a draft. Just a lottery and have people get a team. And stay like that.
    The problem is that this isnt really possible according to Noah. [/b][/quote]
    I think what he means, is that you put everybody&#39;s name in one hat and all teams in another hat. And you pick a name and a team from each hat and that is your team.

Originally posted by Bonds*+Nov 15 2004, 07:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bonds* @ Nov 15 2004, 07:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by yeszir@Nov 15 2004, 07:33 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-DOrtiz4prez
    @Nov 15 2004, 07:30 PM
    I think we shouldn&#39;t have a draft. Just a lottery and have people get a team. And stay like that.

The problem is that this isnt really possible according to Noah.
    Yes it is, there&#39;s a button in the game that says "Reset, Release all players, Fantasy Draft". [/b][/quote]
    If that&#39;s true... Let&#39;s do it&#33;

well anyway half of the league has voted yes 16 to 6
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Majority rules, let&#39;s just restart.

I agree on the fantasy draft
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

All-Star
    Originally posted by RedSox24+Nov 15 2004, 07:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RedSox24 @ Nov 15 2004, 07:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ACL BoSox@Nov 15 2004, 07:29 PM
    I might have a sub .500 record, but I spent hours upon hours trying to build my team.

Here&#39;s the problem, nobody wants to lose out on a deal. However, every once in a while you have to sacrifice a good player for reasons such as payroll or prospects. However, when you get players (such as Texas did) for like a can of coke, it creates an imbalance in the league.

Look I have a very good team, and put in lots of hours, but not having any competition isn&#39;t fun either. I really don&#39;t see my time spent as wasted, its more for me like a learning experience.

Of course if your on top, your gonna want things to remain, and of course if your on the bottom you will want things to change. I&#39;m just interested in hearing from the borderline teams (such as myself) to see what their feelings are. Cause honestly, I can safely say if the league stays as it is I&#39;m out.
    dude your team wasnt good, you are what we are saying as part of the no competition part, the only reason i said your team was pretty good was so i could get your players..... [/b][/quote]
    Look at my team, it&#39;s made up of quality players.

In fact, the only reason you have the Red Sox is because of me. I won the lottery, and then surrendered the team without a fight. I could&#39;ve argued for them but figured this league would balance itself out anyway.

I can&#39;t believe you would stoop so low as to trick me into giving you players for crap. To be honest, this was my first league and you were taking advantage of me. Talk to me now and I would have never traded you Brad Lidge for Scott Williamson.
    Politically Right Since 1986

Retroware TV
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Major Leaguer
    i dont think we need a draft, i say behind the scenes we make a list of GMs that should be included in the new league and then we get the teams we had with original rosters or we can TRADE teams
    There are only two teams you can root for in baseball, the Red Sox, and whoever is playing the Yankees

Originally posted by DOrtiz4prez@Nov 15 2004, 07:36 PM
    Majority rules, let&#39;s just restart.
    If you remember my original post, this was a primary. If anything, this has only shown me that restarting the league should go to a serious vote now. This decides nothing right now.

And random teams being randomly assigned to people is looking more and more like a real option now.

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by Shadow29+Nov 15 2004, 07:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shadow29 @ Nov 15 2004, 07:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Yankeesin05@Nov 15 2004, 07:33 PM
    Yep my team was also destroyed. I wouldn&#39;t trade Jason Bay for the bag of crap I got in return. I wouldn&#39;t trade Kip Wells for ...... any way FUCK YANKEEHATER&#33;
    tehy were both in teh same deal. Th eonly shit trades i did was with him. Thats why i want to start over cause it was unfair at waht i did. [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t forget Cliff Floyd for your top pitching prospects :harhar:
    I have a penis.

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by ACL BoSox+Nov 15 2004, 07:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ACL BoSox @ Nov 15 2004, 07:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by RedSox24@Nov 15 2004, 07:30 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-ACL BoSox
    @Nov 15 2004, 07:29 PM
    I might have a sub .500 record, but I spent hours upon hours trying to build my team.

Here&#39;s the problem, nobody wants to lose out on a deal.* However, every once in a while you have to sacrifice a good player for reasons such as payroll or prospects.* However, when you get players (such as Texas did) for like a can of coke, it creates an imbalance in the league.

Look I have a very good team, and put in lots of hours, but not having any competition isn&#39;t fun either.* I really don&#39;t see my time spent as wasted, its more for me like a learning experience.

Of course if your on top, your gonna want things to remain, and of course if your on the bottom you will want things to change.* I&#39;m just interested in hearing from the borderline teams (such as myself) to see what their feelings are.* Cause honestly, I can safely say if the league stays as it is I&#39;m out.

dude your team wasnt good, you are what we are saying as part of the no competition part, the only reason i said your team was pretty good was so i could get your players.....

In fact, the only reason you have the Red Sox is because of me. I won the lottery, and then surrendered the team without a fight. I could&#39;ve argued for them but figured this league would balance itself out anyway.

I can&#39;t believe you would stoop so low as to trick me into giving you players for crap. To be honest, this was my first league and you were taking advantage of me. Talk to me now and I would have never traded you Brad Lidge for Scott Williamson. [/b][/quote]
    1. i made your team
    2. this is my first league too
    There are only two teams you can root for in baseball, the Red Sox, and whoever is playing the Yankees

Originally posted by RedSox24@Nov 15 2004, 07:37 PM
    i dont think we need a draft, i say behind the scenes we make a list of GMs that should be included in the new league and then we get the teams we had with original rosters or we can TRADE teams
    Yep, that&#39;s the best way... and easiest.

Major Leaguer
    but i still get the sox

Originally posted by ACL BoSox+Nov 15 2004, 07:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ACL BoSox @ Nov 15 2004, 07:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    <!--QuoteBegin-ACL BoSox

Here&#39;s the problem, nobody wants to lose out on a deal. However, every once in a while you have to sacrifice a good player for reasons such as payroll or prospects. However, when you get players (such as Texas did) for like a can of coke, it creates an imbalance in the league.

Look I have a very good team, and put in lots of hours, but not having any competition isn&#39;t fun either. I really don&#39;t see my time spent as wasted, its more for me like a learning experience.

Of course if your on top, your gonna want things to remain, and of course if your on the bottom you will want things to change. I&#39;m just interested in hearing from the borderline teams (such as myself) to see what their feelings are. Cause honestly, I can safely say if the league stays as it is I&#39;m out.

dude your team wasnt good, you are what we are saying as part of the no competition part, the only reason i said your team was pretty good was so i could get your players.....

I can&#39;t believe you would stoop so low as to trick me into giving you players for crap. To be honest, this was my first league and you were taking advantage of me. Talk to me now and I would have never traded you Brad Lidge for Scott Williamson. [/b][/quote]
    This is precisely the problem here. ACL is a smart man, he isnt "1 of does stupid poters who tak 2 u lik dis". He was, in his own words, taken advantage of, pure and simple.

Major Leaguer
    but in a fantasy/simm league that is wat managers do, if you dont know what your doing you dont go and make the shitty trades, you research

All-Star
    Originally posted by RedSox24+Nov 15 2004, 07:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RedSox24 @ Nov 15 2004, 07:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ACL BoSox@Nov 15 2004, 07:37 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-ACL BoSox

I can&#39;t believe you would stoop so low as to trick me into giving you players for crap. To be honest, this was my first league and you were taking advantage of me. Talk to me now and I would have never traded you Brad Lidge for Scott Williamson.
    1. i made your team
    2. this is my first league too [/b][/quote]
    You made PART of my team.

I did a lot of trading after I GAVE YOU the Red Sox.

If were gonna do something, we should do it tonight while we have all 22 GMs active, this doesn&#39;t happen on a typical night.
    Politically Right Since 1986

Retroware TV
    Follow Me on Twitter!