Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 69.57%
  • No

7 30.43%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Do We Consider A Restart?

Just like a presidential primary, this is a poll to get the real issue to vote. Do we consider a league restart? As of right now, there is no parity at all. Would you like such action to be considered by those running the league?

A restart would entail going back to opening day rosters. This is a big decision, since a lot of time has been put into this league by a lot of people. But it the league is no longer fun with 0 parity, a lot of people don't want to continue.

Again, this isnt a "should the league be restarted" poll. It is for consideration of a restart, which may come to a poll later on. We'd do things right next time around, and everything will be organized, fair, and fun.

Only vote if you are in the league. I can see who voted for what, and I will temporarily ban those who vote who are not in the league.

Thank you.
    In the immortal words of Puffy, vote or die.

Oh, and post what you voted. For every vote, I want a post. Votes with no post attached will not be counted.

I think if we abide by some of YesZir's ideas, like money to weed out bad GMs and trade council, starting over would be good.

By opening day rosters do you mean the rosters used for the first sim. Or the original rosters, with everyone on their original teams?

Originally posted by stocker323@Nov 15 2004, 05:03 PM
    By opening day rosters do you mean the rosters used for the first sim. Or the original rosters, with everyone on their original teams?
    Original rosters that were used from day 1, with no trades having been done.

Major Leaguer
    I don't think we need to start over. Just wait for the next draft, there will be some sick (and when I say sick, I mean 10s across the board) players going to the bad teams.
    I have a penis.

I am going to vote that we consider a restart because of a couple of reasons. Now that it looks like that we are going to have an organized system of everything being done, I think the league will be fair to every team and it will run properly. No longer will there be utter confusion, over who is the GM of a certain team and hopefully there will be less complaining. New owners will not come to their new teams and see them in total disarray because of previous ownership. So I vote YES.

I voted yes, but dont really care. The competitoin isnt that good, but id hate to give up my great team that i spent a hell of a alot fo time makin. So either is good.
    Former owner of the Talksox Phillies
    Fantasy owner of the Mexico City Mexicans
    Record: 0-0 0 games back
    Next opponent: Redsox05
    AIM: shadoslicer

I vote yes, becasue I really don't care one way or another. But I do think we should have more parity, which a restart definitely would help.
    I have no sig. Sue me.

Major Leaguer
    I'll get to work on my hybrid roster set
    I have a penis.

I voted no because i put in alot of work to improve my team and i dont think that it should go to waste The teams that dont have good players have alot of money to go after free agenst so it will work out in the long run

We should do a new league because:

1. No parity, the Rangers seem to rip off every team that isn't capable of telling the difference between a prospect and a shoe.

2. This league is losing intrest, I can find more people to help out in the league.

3. The trade concil would be the best idea in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Major Leaguer
    Here are some of the ideas kicked around, written up in FORMAL RULE FASHION!:P

All newcomers will be subject to a council of the league. They'll have a trial period with a team, after which the owners will vote Yes or No on the new Manager. Also, at any point the league will be able to kick out a team owner.

Something that will add to the orginization of the league: A trade council. All trades are emailed/private messaged to be posted in the (password protected) trade council forum. Once they're passed (all will be automatically passed unless there is an objection from a Trade Council member), they'll be posted in another forum for the league to see.

We also need: a more formal sim schedule.
    Updated roster sets (prospects and players rated based on 2004 season) ~~ Something I'm in the middle of creating .
    I have a penis.

All-Star
    It's hard to work with anyone getting trades done. Some teams like KC or Colorado have absolutely no-one, while teams like Texas and Boston, have nothing but 3-4-5's to go around.

Then there's teams that are borderline, myself included, that have very good teams but because of the dominance of a few teams, it accomplishes nothing.

I vote for a restart.
    Politically Right Since 1986

Retroware TV
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Major Leaguer
    Can a moderator change my vote from No to Yes?

Yagmaster: No, but it will be counted as a Yes
    I have a penis.