Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions?

Major Leaguer
    I suggest that you have a league restart. Everything be reset to opening day.

You find more dedicated GMs not ones who join to let a friend rape the team.

You have a trade council consisting of people who have great OOTP league experience *~COUGH ME COUGH~* so that we can get more organized.

LETS GET MORE ORGANIZED PERIOD!

Get one person to run the league i did a sim to help out but then i didn't know who to pass the file back to because we had no real commish

thats just a couple suggestions i see
    QUOTE (Noah @ Nov 15 2004, 09:14 PM)
    We had another meeting and decided. Rad is too cool to let go of.
    GM of the California Angels
    2004 91-74. 2005 51-30

I would like to commend Rageda for his suggestions, I also agree with him 100% on everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

You mean reset everything back to our old rosters? I guess that wouldn't be so bad. We do need a trade council, and if someone makes a blatantly unfair trade for themself he ought to be banned and let the computer manage his team until someone else is brought in. Noah, what do you think?
    I have no sig. Sue me.

I like the suggestions, and have a couple more:

Please provide league documentation for rules regarding free agent signings (does the top offer always win, if so, how long does the player wait before he signs?), cuts (do you have to pay a buyout, do you have to place players on waivers, etc).

I guess this would be put to a vote, but what if each GM pays $5 for a team, and the winner gets, say, $100? Then $50 goes to the commish for running the league, and there's more motivation to make good trades. Plus, that would weed out anyone who really doesn't want to do it.

Just a thought. I'd hate to restart the league, because I'm actually starting to like the team I've put together, but if restarting will create more interest and a better overall league environment.... I'm all for it.

I think "Trade Council" is a good idea. Keep really bad trades from happening. What if once we get 30 owners, we could have a vote, and the top 5 vote getters could be a part of that trade council. Then on any trade that gets challenged, the council could vote on it? 5 people makes sure there's no tie.
    "You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"
    Chris Farley (Tommy Callahan)

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by elsrbueno@Nov 15 2004, 04:10 PM

I guess this would be put to a vote, but what if each GM pays $5 for a team, and the winner gets, say, $100? Then $50 goes to the commish for running the league, and there's more motivation to make good trades. Plus, that would weed out anyone who really doesn't want to do it.

I think "Trade Council" is a good idea. Keep really bad trades from happening. What if once we get 30 owners, we could have a vote, and the top 5 vote getters could be a part of that trade council. Then on any trade that gets challenged, the council could vote on it? 5 people makes sure there's no tie.
    i like the money idea but $50 maybe 30 a dollar from each GM and then pay out the 70 to the 8 teams that make the playoffs. its a suggestion doesn't have to happen.

On The trade council Vote RADGETA in 04. I not only run my own league but am currently in 2 others, before i took over the league I now run i lead Texas to the playoffs and had the MVP. In NYMfans I lead the White Sox (although in the weakest division) to the playoffs and am hoping to do so again. I have never just quit a league because i was losing only because the league was too disorganized and that GMs where blantly cheating.
    QUOTE (Noah @ Nov 15 2004, 09:14 PM)
    We had another meeting and decided. Rad is too cool to let go of.
    GM of the California Angels
    2004 91-74. 2005 51-30

I'll take some of these considerations into account. Starting over would be a royal pain in the ass, but we have to deal with this league the entire offseason.

Paying would be a good way to single out interested parties only. But it would also reduce interest. And it wouldn't be winner takes all either.

Trade coucil is also a very very good idea. I'll think this over, alright?

I think it would be hard to do the money; too hard to collect it then give it out. For the council, Shadoslicer and I think a 7-person council would be best. Noah, Shadoslicer, and Radgeta would all be on it. The other four would be legit GMs who are active. I personally nominate elsrbueno and shadoslicer. I also think yeszir should have a say in it, since even though he's not officially in the league he follows everything that happens.
    I have no sig. Sue me.

I think the council should contain 7 people, incase some dont come on.
    1.Noah
    2.Sandman
    The next 5 could be the most active and best Gms
    and yesir should be an extera voter if it comes to a tie and a guiy doesnt com on to make his vote for a while.
    Of cousre that just my opinion. Also i dont hink i can send i n money...though its not a bad idea
    Former owner of the Talksox Phillies
    Fantasy owner of the Mexico City Mexicans
    Record: 0-0 0 games back
    Next opponent: Redsox05
    AIM: shadoslicer

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by Radgeta@Nov 15 2004, 03:19 PM
    You find more dedicated GMs not ones who join to let a friend rape the team.
    I actually agree with this. We should let most trades pass (so long as they're done by users that we know, and we know won't bail on us), and once a n00b comes along he gets a tryout of some sort. If he makes some fucked up deals, we boot him. It's the easiest way to form a top notch league.

I also agree w/ the organization thing.
    I have a penis.

All-Star
    Umm here's a suggestion, why not have one GM from each division + Noah so that there is balance.

Cause I'm likely to be biased towards trades that help me in my division and such. So having one player from each division adds balance and get all different spectrums.

It should be either decided by the admins (caucus style), or we have a vote to decide who will represent each division.

Just a thought. :unsure:
    Politically Right Since 1986

Retroware TV
    Follow Me on Twitter!

noob tryouts are a great idea. I get suspiscious when I see a member with 3 posts claiming a team, sure, but there really isnt a way to test them now. They can be on a very short leash for one simm, and then can be let out into the "real simm world".

i would like to be on the trade council i have been a very active gm and plan on staying in this league unless we have to send money

We're probably going to have the council chosen by nomination are by Noah/yeszir. I don't think you can nominate yourself...
    I have no sig. Sue me.

Originally posted by Gertie@Nov 15 2004, 06:32 PM
    We're probably going to have the council chosen by nomination are by Noah/yeszir. I don't think you can nominate yourself...
    Out of all of these suggestions, the trade council is the only thing that will definitely be happening. I think we'll have a nomination thread, from which the staff will pick the council members. We'll have a password protected forum and secret codes and everything. It'll be B).

Will the council just review each trade and say if it's a good trade that benefits both sides?