Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Boston, Che-Hsuan Lin!

Welcome to Boston, Che-Hsuan Lin!

Callup confirmed, welcome to the big club. Here's hoping you prove a lot of people wrong.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Re: Welcome to Boston, Che-Hsuan Lin!

Don't be expecting Freddie Lynn.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

not offensively, anyway.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Could we overrate his defense more please?

Waste of a roster spot imo.

Our current CF is Ross, BA .182,....how difficult could it be to beat that?

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhollow;742038;
    That would be Lin on fire.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Let the "Linsanity" puns begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;742040;
    Good one! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhollow;742038;
    Not to mention that Ross plays centerfield like a really half decent right fielder.

Deity

So does anybody think Lin will see any time in the line up or will he more likely be a late inning defensive replacement? I suspect that unless another outfielder goes down, he will be a late innings defensive replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by jung;742361;
    So does anybody think Lin will see any time in the line up or will he more likely be a late inning defensive replacement? I suspect that unless another outfielder goes down, he will be a late innings defensive replacement.
    You never know with BV. But I think he would be a late inning defensive replacement.

Depends on which he can stand less, Ross's or Sweeney's defense in center or Lin's bat

Deity

Good point...Sweeney is so gangly and uncoordinated. I keep expecting him to actually trip over himself out there and have the ball doink right off his noggin as he tries to right the good ship Sweeney. Ross will be tough to watch in center but Lin's cannon arm may serve us best in our right field.

I would bet that V will be more concerned about the offense with both Crawford and Ells out at the same time. so for now I would expect Lin mainly to go into right in the late innings for Sweeney.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;742040;
    you ass, I was gonna make that joke.
    President of the Andrew Bailey will be better than Papelbon club
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanWalrus;693016;
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;693012;
    I love dogs but am obviously a "cat person".
    like they say about small cats ..... a little pussy never hurt anyone

Lin is heading back to Pawtucket.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.