Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is most athletic athlete?

Re: Who is most athletic athlete?

I don't think enough people know about Bo.

Anyways, a top-shelf talent in two sports, something no one else has been. He could have been the best RB in the history of the NFL.

He was the same type of runner AP is, and then he could play baseball at an all-star level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by Porcupine penis View Post
    Honestly, I've never seen anyone as athletic as Lebron James, his size, speed and jumping ability is just unbelievable. I truly believe he could be dominant in many other sports. He is just that crazy athletically.
    Olympic decathletes have more all-around skills I would bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz View Post
    I don't think enough people know about Bo.

Anyways, a top-shelf talent in two sports, something no one else has been. He could have been the best RB in the history of the NFL.

He was the same type of runner AP is, and then he could play baseball at an all-star level.
    I would put Bo second but Jim Thorpe is the greatest.

In a poll of sports fans conducted by ABC Sports, Thorpe was voted the Greatest Athlete of the Twentieth Century out of 15 other athletes including Muhammad Ali, Babe Ruth, Jesse Owens, Wayne Gretzky, Jack Nicklaus, and Michael Jordan, etc.

Thorpe was not excellent at any major sport aside from football. Bo Jackson was excellent at whatever he wanted.
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Thorpe also played pro baseball and cleaned up at the Olympics. Saying he was only excellent at football is simply wrong.

He played basketball too, he was not excellent at either baseball or basketball, and I clearly said "major sports". Great athlete, and probably the most skilled all-around athlete, but Bo's right there, and probably did what he did a lot better.

He truly was a freak of nature. Potential 5-tool player in baseball (wasn't too good at contact/getting on base). In football he was fast, quick, and he could run your ass over all day.

Imo, more impressive to be top-shelf at two major sports. Who knows, maybe he could have been great at olympics too.

It was such a colossal bummer when Bo Jackson had the career-ending injury. I remember the play.

Looked like a routine tackle. It was a totally clean play, it's just really awkward to watch it because it seems so flukey. What could have been though? Two sport HOFer was not out of the question.

Sorry, but I have to go with Thorpe; the pentathlon and decathlon were his sports, and he set the world record in both by A LOT... even if that's not a major sport he's still amazingly athletic.
    Ted Williams was the best Red Sox player ever. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz View Post
    Thorpe was not excellent at any major sport aside from football. Bo Jackson was excellent at whatever he wanted.
    I'm sorry, but this Is just wrong.Look at Thorpes career in both amateur and pro sports to see how inaccurate that statement is.
    We miss you Mike.

Whata about those guys who makes the ironman? 42 Km running, 180 km riding bike, and 3.8 km swimming. Those guys are super athletes.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Yeah but most of them wouldn't be able to pay a sport at the major league level. Most of the guys mentioned here could do that and compete in an ironman if they conditioned themselves for it.
    We miss you Mike.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

JaMarcus Russell.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Maybe they can finish the ironman (and still have to see) but I doubt they can put the times/records that those who have won the competition. That is another think.

In major sports of course you need a great athletic condition but IMO, you are nothing if you don't have those natural skills which are more important in order to succeed among the best in major sports. The same goes for those who practice the ironman. Very few can finish the competition. And very very very few can achieve those record times.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    I'm sorry, but this Is just wrong.Look at Thorpes career in both amateur and pro sports to see how inaccurate that statement is.
    Post stats of his major sports career. K?

That statement was about major sports, and it's extremely accurate. He was not that good at pro baseball or basketball.

Who gives a flying fuck about amateur sports.