Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Spring Traing Game Thread

Re: 2013 Spring Traing Game Thread

Iglesias just made the first contact of his career, congrats

Wow. Iggy. Nice!!
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Iglesias with a 2 run blast over the LF Wall. It looked like he didn't even get it all.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

He's gained about 10-12 lbs of muscle. Who knows how that translates. Quite the opposite of what I expected from him today. Error in the field, 2 run bomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Deity

Iggy vying for the clean up spot.

The shame of it for him last season is that I think he sort of choked on his first real extended stay with the big club. Remy is right, when he takes his usual swing he does have a real swing...but for most of his time here last time around he had adopted that slap swing and it was just terrible....dribblers just past the pitcher's mound all day long. We did not see him take full swings until very late in his stay here. I really do think that was a consequence of Iggy choking on his first real extended period of play here.

I think you can see that he has a more compact swing compared to end of last year. That is supposed to be the hope at this point...shortening his swing in the hope that he will generate more bat speed.

Deity

Wow...that must have been a hit and run effort....too late a brake by Bradley to be straight steal.

Bad jump. Doesn't look as quick as Ells. Is he supposed to be as fast as Ells?

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

N ice to see a catcher with a quick release that can throw guys out. Good throw by Ross.

Deity

Earned more respect for Iggy in one day than I had for him all last year...now while that sounds like hyperbole, he stuck his knee down in front of the runner coming in at 2nd and took the full force of the slide as a result...not too bright but very tough and muscled up for that HR......first time I have seen anything that suggests to me he might be a SS that the Sox might actually like as opposed to one they just give up on and finally trade away. Iggy has to get farther inside the scope of what the Red Sox consider important for their SS....not necessarily the same things for the Sox as for other clubs.

Deity

JBJ is supposed to be very fast. I cannot fathom him breaking that late on a straight steal.

He did a Dice K-- loaded the bases with no one out. He got out of the inning giving up one run.
    He needs to work a loooot.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Legend

Iggy hits a dinger.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its spring training

Quote Originally Posted by SoxSport View Post
    Iggy hits a dinger.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I love your enthusiasm. It is great to see baseball again.

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post
    Its spring training
    Thanks, If you didn't point that out I would of thought it was the pro bowl or something