Register now to remove this ad

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Thread

Re: The NHL Thread

The Bruins have done alright... I guess...

Deity

I may just be looking for a silver lining for tonights game but I think the Hawks gong balls to the walls may just play into the Bruin's hands.

Some teams play great balls to the walls. Others...not so much. I think there is a pretty good chance that the Hawks will simply give up too much defensively playing balls to the walls hockey. I noticed that in the last game, when the Hanks really got to a point where they felt that they needed to go balls to the walls in an effort to dent Tuukka, they really started to give up a bunch of odd man rushes to the Bruins. So I am hoping for that if nothing else presuming the Hawks do end up going balls to the walls tonight.

Heard that Toews and Kane may play on the same line tonight. Think that Chara and Seidenberg would like that.

Win Bruins!

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    I may just be looking for a silver lining for tonights game but I think the Hawks gong balls to the walls may just play into the Bruin's hands.

Some teams play great balls to the walls. Others...not so much. I think there is a pretty good chance that the Hawks will simply give up too much defensively playing balls to the walls hockey. I noticed that in the last game, when the Hanks really got to a point where they felt that they needed to go balls to the walls in an effort to dent Tuukka, they really started to give up a bunch of odd man rushes to the Bruins. So I am hoping for that if nothing else presuming the Hawks do end up going balls to the walls tonight.
    So just to be clear, are balls going to be hitting walls tonight?
    We miss you Mike.

Deity

No they are not for better or worse. Hawks are playing well within themselves. Bruins have been skating in mud though. They need to pick it up.

Deity

Bruins just can't seem to get their skates under them tonight. Bruins score to make it 3-2 Hawks. Hawks come right back and create an odd man rush just by out-skating the Bruins through center ice and go up 4-2. Hawks are just skating right by them at every turn tonight.

Deity

5-5 in the 3rd. Battle of wills. Hawks strong on their skates and through center ice. Bruins strong in the corners, behind the net and out in front of the net.

On an optimistic note...this looks like the best the Hawks can play and the Bruins are far from playing as good as they can play. With all that the Hawks have not been able to manage more than a 5-5 tie.

On the bright side, with the way teams are scoring I doubt OT will last very long shall it get there.

Blackhawks won, oh well fuck it. 2-2 series.

Soderberg may go tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Soderberg may go tomorrow.
    Yeti sighting in practice! I'll believe it when I see it.

Deity

Bruins solid in game 6 so far. I like their energy but they are still leaving themselves exposed the same way they have in the games they have lost. They still give up the puck too often. Hawks don't seem to ever give up the puck. The Bruins still do not just shoot the puck as often as they should. A shot on goal is never a bad play. Hawks still beating the Bruins through center ice. That is to be expected. What I would not have expected is how effective the Hawks quickness has been in front of the net. I would have expected the Bruins to be better than the Hanks both behind and in front of the nets and that unexpected edge to the Hawks has really turned out to be important in this series.

There is a little more wide open play than would be to our liking. Tuukka just stopped what was close to a breakaway. Great save.

Deity

Hawks are taking the puck off of Chara's stick constantly and it just turned into a goal for the Hawks.

Deity

Bruins offensive ineptitude which has haunted them this entire final series is once again a real problem. Four power plays...no goals. They can't find the net with the puck when it is a gapping wide open hole. In the meantime the Hawks sidle up to Chara, take the puck off his skate down the ice and ram the thing into the net. They have taken it off his stick at least three times in this game and that does not include whacky Chara passes that the Hawks have jumped on.

Bruins puck handling is basically abysmal. Ice is crummy but it is crummy for both teams.

1-1 tie and scary.