Register now to remove this ad

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Thread

Legend
    Red Sox Forum, and nothing said about the Bruins? Better watch out for these Boys.

Legend
    Guess who's in 1st place, the Bruins are a Bad Ass Team.

Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Guess who's in 1st place, the Bruins are a Bad Ass Team.
    They are fun to watch too. Makes up for slogging through those Claude seasons.

Someday I hope to see the third generation of Donato's line up for the B's.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    Red Sox Forum, and nothing said about the Bruins? Better watch out for these Boys.
    Other Sports section gets low traffic in general.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

That Bruins game today.... Talk about an emotional roller coaster
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Legend
    Hope the Bruins Fans watch tonight's game. For all the marbles, who is #1.

'

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Just read about Joe Kelly getting a standing ovation at the Bruins game amidst rousing chants of "Yankees Suck". Awesome. There is literally no place or time that that chant is not appropriate. That's what I want people reciting at my funeral. None of that Bible verse crap or speeches about what a great guy I was. (I wasn't!). Just "Yankees Suck!" as they wheel me down that conveyor belt into the cremation kiln.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Deity
    Don't know shit from shinola about hockey but I am watching tonight.

Legend
    Love Hockey Bruins 6 Lightning 2.
    Vegas is no slouch even though they lost yesterday.

Vegas vs. Winnipeg. Now there's a ratings gold mine. A bunch of people too busy gambling and prostituting in the middle of a desert vs. a city with only about fifteen people, ten of whom are silently considering eating the other five to stave off starvation during another brutally cold Winnipeg summer.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Vegas vs. Winnipeg. Now there's a ratings gold mine. A bunch of people too busy gambling and prostituting in the middle of a desert vs. a city with only about fifteen people, ten of whom are silently considering eating the other five to stave off starvation during another brutally cold Winnipeg summer.
    The atmosphere in Winnipeg has been fantastic in the first two games. I'm expecting the same energy from the Vegas crowd in what already has been a thoroughly entertaining series.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I think I just spit some coffee out from my nose.

Lol.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

I have to say I'm loving this. I'm not as rabid a hockey fan as I am a baseball fan, so I usually stop paying attention once my team (Detroit) is out of it. However, to see the Golden Knights win the Cup in their very first season as a franchise would be pretty cool, so I'm now actively rooting for them. I like good stories in my sports, and this would be a hell of a good one.

6-4 final for game 1. Not exactly a defensive game. That's like a 25-20 final in a World Series game or a 100-80 Super Bowl Victory. A win's a win, but geez, did the goalies show up for this one?

Legend
    If the Bruins get Tavares, that puts them over the top. Now they are elite. Real good player.