Register now to remove this ad

Thread: John Stephens

What's with this guy, he seems like he could help out sometime. He was minor leaguer of the year with Baltimore. What else can we say about him?

All-Star
    Not much in terms of upside. He doesn't throw very hard, but he does change speeds well and is fairly good at locating. He just doesn't do enough all that well to push him over the edge as a regular contributing member of a rotation.

he's doing well in the mexican leagues

4-0 with a 1.11 ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

What do you think of his 1.71 ERA in the Mexican league? Does that mean he can pitch?
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Well, how good/competitive are players in the mexican leagues?

Originally posted by DOrtiz4prez@Dec 21 2004, 12:06 PM
    Well, how good/competitive are players in the mexican leagues?
    i think their kind of like AA. but he is doing awsome in them.
    Boston Red Sox 2004 World Series Champs.

Re: John Stephens

I've never heard of this guy
    “The Red Sox are a walking disaster. They act like they’re tough, how they care so much about winning. But it’s all a front. They’re just a bunch of characters. They know what we’re all about. We can still beat them and they know it. Let’s see what they do this time when it counts.”
    –RF G. Sheffield speaking on the WS Champs

All-Star

Re: John Stephens

He shouldn't really be considered a prospect. He's getting up there in years and has mediocre stuff. Could make it for a weak team as a #5, but he'd never sniff our rotation unless the team plane crashed.