Register now to remove this ad

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 06/08 Vs Pujols' suck squad, Game 2

Re: 06/08 Vs Pujols' suck squad

Hey all. What happened with Clay?
    BornToRun and Taylor Swift For King & Queen of Talksox!

Now please go ahead and introduce yourself to Taylor. We're going to get married, have 10 kids, and teach them how to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun View Post
    We certainly can't afford to lose Clay for any length of time. This time our historically less than competent medical staff must give him an MRI if it's necessary or a Cat Scan if that is needed. No guess work and no more screw-ups. Good to get the second game tonight. We needed it and we need to do what's necessary to win the rubber game tomorrow and win the series. Damn, I came so close to predicting the score. I said five or six to two and it was seven-two. Well maybe next time.

@Ken_Rosenthal: #RedSox’s Buchholz left with neck tightness. Nieves indicated that he was fine.

Probably precautionary, especially because the Sox were up by a few at that point and he had gotten through 6.2. Playing it safe it sounds like.

I'd be surprised if it kept him from his next start or even delayed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Gonna need a spot starter on Wednesday now that Doubront pitched today, unless he goes on short rest.

That would be Websters day to go in Pawtucket (they actually have an off day but he would be throwing Thursday). Or they could go with Morales, although after today they may not exactly be thrilled with that option.
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

If we don't annihilate Blanton so bad that he announces his retirement mid at bat after falling behind 3-1 to Ortiz with the bases loaded and nobody out in a 12-0 game in the bottom of the first, I'm going to stop watching this team.

Just getting home, hit some traffic on Mass Pike.

How about Thunder's at the game mojo this year? Papi's HR was about 10 rows short of me and a whole section or so to the left. Not the best seats I've had, but they were still pretty good. Hopefully Clay doesn't miss a beat. I wasn't sure what happened until I looked it up after the game. From first pitch to Dirty Water, I had a great time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I'd like to see what the measurement on that HR was, once it lands.
    From my viewpoint, it looked to be about 430 or so. I was about 450 ft from home.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun View Post
    Aiken.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    From my viewpoint, it looked to be about 430 or so. I was about 450 ft from home.
    10 rows is only 20 feet? Cozy seats!

10 rows is only 20 feet? Cozy seats!
    Okay, 40 feet. Fine. It was hard to tell exactly where it landed. Those RF seats are a downgrade from the behind home and behind dugout seats I've had recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Aiken.
    I see what you did there.
    R.I.P Rod Beck. You were the Kenny Powers of real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Just getting home, hit some traffic on Mass Pike.

How about Thunder's at the game mojo this year? Papi's HR was about 10 rows short of me and a whole section or so to the left. Not the best seats I've had, but they were still pretty good. Hopefully Clay doesn't miss a beat. I wasn't sure what happened until I looked it up after the game. From first pitch to Dirty Water, I had a great time.
    You sure picked a dandy to attend. Bet you had a great time.
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.

Quote Originally Posted by wyo-sox View Post
    You sure picked a dandy to attend. Bet you had a great time.
    I'm good at that. First game this year was day before Marathon Bombings, when Clay almost threw a no-no. I'm done for this year, unless something pops up on StubHub or something. My summer's pretty busy.

Quote Originally Posted by MJantomaso View Post
    I see what you did there.
    I didn't until just now. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan View Post
    I didn't until just now. :lol:
    Me too. Wow I'm slow.