Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 57

Thread: The Tennis Thread

  1. #31
    El Niño Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    H-Town, CT
    Posts
    11,336
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan View Post
    RAFA wins!!!! He and Djokovic in the finals Monday! Should be a great match!
    Frankly Djokovic and Rafa in a final is starting to bore me.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  2. #32
    Deity VA Sox Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    15,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Frankly Djokovic and Rafa in a final is starting to bore me.
    Nadal is my favorite player so it never bores me when he's in the Finals of any tournament.

  3. #33
    Deity VA Sox Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    15,729
    Nice WIN NADAL!!!! Major #13!!!!!

  4. #34
    El Niño Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    H-Town, CT
    Posts
    11,336
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan View Post
    Nadal is my favorite player so it never bores me when he's in the Finals of any tournament.
    If I had to root for any of the big 4, it's Djokovic or Murray. I'm a big supporter of the underdogs.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  5. #35
    Deity VA Sox Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    15,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    If I had to root for any of the big 4, it's Djokovic or Murray. I'm a big supporter of the underdogs.
    Djokovic was #1 in the world until tonight's loss. And was for 2 years. How is he an underdog?

  6. #36
    El Niño Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    H-Town, CT
    Posts
    11,336
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan View Post
    Djokovic was #1 in the world until tonight's loss. And was for 2 years. How is he an underdog?
    I meant other than those two.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  7. #37
    Deity VA Sox Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    15,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I meant other than those two.
    ok.....

  8. #38
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,760
    er.....
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  9. #39
    El Niño Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    H-Town, CT
    Posts
    11,336
    what.....
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  10. #40
    Deity VA Sox Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    15,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    what.....
    your prior post just didn't make any sense.

  11. #41
    Papelblows User Name?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    16,844
    Poor sentence construction Thunder, poor sentence construction......
    We miss you Mike.

  12. #42
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,760
    Nadal, former two time winner to four straight losses to opponents ranked outside the top 100. That's somewhat baffling.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  13. #43
    Legend SoxHop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Nadal, former two time winner to four straight losses to opponents ranked outside the top 100. That's somewhat baffling.
    Federer and Nadal are getting old. Nadal is breaking down.

    Any of you play tennis? I tried it out 5 years ago while playing in flip flops drinking a six pack with a buddy and 10 dollar rackets.

    Since that day I've played at least a couple times a week, more sometimes. I've been on teams and play ladders.

    Tennis is a bad ass game. Picture standing in a batters box and someone firing a 130 mph fastball at the ground in from of you that is going to spin off the ground funky and be on your left of right and you have to hit it back.
    Now somewhere in the Black Mountain Hills of Dakota
    There lived a young boy named Rocky Raccoon
    And one day his woman ran off with another guy

  14. #44
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,760
    I played tennis once and that was enough to convince me it was not for me. I had an absolute killer drop shot, but I couldn't return serve. Like, every time I tried, the ball sailed and hit the fence at the back of the court.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  15. #45
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,760
    Someone check if Serena is actually human or a cyborg. Her dominance is unbelievable.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •