Register now to remove this ad

View Poll Results: What are your minimum expectations for this team now that you've seen them?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better than .500, but not a postseason team.

3 21.43%
  • I fully expect the Sox to win one of the Wild Card slots.

5 35.71%
  • If the Sox don't win the division, I'm going to be disappointed

4 28.57%
  • This team is prepped for a deep run into October.

2 14.29%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Changing Your Expectations?

Re: Changing Your Expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Fair enough. Better than Verlander then.
    Agree, and I don't mean to undervalue Scherzer, I think he's an outstanding pitcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth View Post
    Agree, and I don't mean to undervalue Scherzer, I think he's an outstanding pitcher.
    I for one am not going to get carried away. As I remarked to RJortiz, I want to wait until August before I jump on or are allowed on the bandwagon. Having said that, there are some things that have stood out very impressively this season up to now. For one thing, we have managed to win that "rubber" game many times so far, sometimes coming back 0-1 and winning the next two. Secondly, we won some close games on the road, a sign usually of a good team. Thirdly, when we lose the first two games, we have been able to salvage the third game most of the time. None of this happened last year.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

My expectations were and still are low. 2011 we were rolling around this time, then manage to have the biggest regular season choke. Not to mention we haven't seen the playoffs in years. I love this team, but I'm going to let it ride out and see what happens with low expectations. That way it doesn't hurt so bad
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

All of the teams in the AL East have flaws. It will come down to who can stay healthy and make key pickups at the trade deadline. So far the Sox have played well against division foes and that is a huge plus because of the schedule and the amount of games played within the division. Having four very above .500 teams in the division may hurt wild card chances though as these four teams beat up on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    My expectations were and still are low. 2011 we were rolling around this time, then manage to have the biggest regular season choke. Not to mention we haven't seen the playoffs in years. I love this team, but I'm going to let it ride out and see what happens with low expectations. That way it doesn't hurt so bad
    You are treading on some dangerous TS territory by lowering your expectations. You are risking being characterized as a negative fan-- a blight on Happy Red Sox Nation.

The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    If it was 2011, the Red Sox would have squeaked into the second wildcard slot. Just saying :lol:

We are 8 games away from being halfway through the season, and the Sox have the best record in the AL and the 2nd best record in the MLB.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.