Register now to remove this ad

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    You are an extraordinarily sensible individual.
    Either that, or an extremely boring individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Ive smoke weed and done ecstasy, and of course alcohol. I'm really not big into drugs though, I only ever smoke if I'm at like a big party or some shit.
    Even 5 years later, I would say this is still pretty accurate. Only difference is I've done edibles multiple times since this post and don't think ill do them anymore, especially mixed with alcohol. I cant tell you the amount of times I literally cant recall half my night when mixing the two lol. Thanksgiving eve 2017 was especially bad.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    You are an extraordinarily sensible individual.
    Then you’d be surprised how “sensible” and boring my life is with regards to drugs, alcohol, etc.

None of that for almost 23 years now...

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I had a serious problem with Vicodin/Oxycodone for a long time, years and years ago. I managed to quit on my own, which was one of the most horrific experiences of my life. Then, about two years ago I started using heroin. I only did that for about four or five months before I again quit on my own, which was the single hardest thing I've ever had to do. Luckily, I was unemployed at the time and didn't really have a choice but to quit, seeing as I was broke. Still, though, there are times now where I think about starting again, if only because it might kill me.

I also smoke, a lot. Cigarettes are one of the few things that get me through a day. Love 'em.
    Glad you shared this Youk. God bless you (I'm not religious, but I was raised that way).

I did it all from a Freshman in HS - first 2 yrs of college. It almost cost me everything more than a time or 2. I smoked like a Rastafarian, & have smoke cigs since 14. The toughest of all to quit, as it kills you too slowly. 99% down to vaping.

I have MS & constant unrelenting pain. The pain & fatigue are omnipresent... it gets overwhelming often.... Anyway, at 43 my youngest was born. I was teaching & had 36 students in a LOW INCOME school, 6 profoundly involved from mental retardation to Severely emotionally disturbed.

A new baby, 2 other kids, & one child in Heaven, I was floored. Pain & fatigue from an MS exacerbation hit me like a BRICK WALL. I stumbled though that year, & did a good job with the kids, but it buried me inside. Had to hide it from my young, beautiful, & amazing wife & new mom. A teacher too, who taught all the way through it.

Doc got me on Oxycontin finally, and I thought he & it were my savior! About 9 months on it, and I collapsed. Had to stop working..... a couple months later, I realized it was going to kill me. I demanded to get off. 2 years of SHEER, UTTER, & BRUTAL HELL. I got off, but it nearly killed me. I'm 6'1" 190 lbs. & a one time pretty decent multiple sport athlete. College valley cut short by MS. I got down to about 135 lbs at one point. I've always been a very happy, fun loving guy, but I seriously started plotting a secret exit. Coming off the meds, my body lost the ability to produce natural pain killers, & I couldn't imagine living like that for long. After stopping, that overwhelming PAIN & drug claw on my heart (pretty much literal) lasted with a demonic vengeance for 2+ years).

The only thing that saved me & our family was my angel of a wife, who gradually & subtly nudged me back into real life. Doing things. I had become ??? Idk. Agoraphobic? Couldn't hardly go out of the house. My wife worked herself to death for almost 3 years, doing EVERYTHING. God, I still pray for those who have nobody to help them get off that shit!

Anyway, that shit is beyond what any casual or even hard partying drug user can ever imagine! Those who say, legalize everything, as I used to, don't have the first fucking clue what they are talking about. Anybody could get addicted, & with regular use, you lose your ability to fight it. I only took it as prescribed, but I was addicted. It is without a doubt one of, or the most addictive drugs in the world.

Anyway.... Thanks for sharing! Stay the course. Always keep pushing yourself to get out there & do. Push. Fight! I still have plenty of brutal days, weeks, months... in fact, for me it never really lets up.... but, life is really good! Even got a big award in education last year. A tough year too. BUT, life & family are everything. Friends too. Fighting the good fight is half the joy.

STAY WELL Youk! Keep up the good fight. I've stopped a number of fun but destructive things on my own, so I know how hard you are working. It really does get easier, but you gave to always keep pushing on. Pushing yourself out there. Doing! Staying plugged in to whatever moves you!

Be well Youk! dirtdog

Major Leaguer oldmaninthevegasdesert's Avatar
    Lets see,where do I start, well I started smoking weed in 1972,and have never stopped smoking.I led a double life in high school from 72-74,playing football and baseball for 3 years,and in my spare time,I hung with the heads. Did Window Pane(LSD) every Saturday night in 73 and 74. Never really cared for Cocaine,although there was a time in 78 when I was living with a stripper,I had it around for her and her friends(if I snorted a gram,the next day my throat would feel like an Army marched through it). I abused Ludes and other pain pills, mostly Seconal, and these red and blue ones that really did the trick that I cannot recall the name of.My issue from 72-80 was that my connections were too good. I literally had a party that lasted for 6 months in 78, I had a girl who's parents owned a pharmacy,and one of the first guys I met when we moved to Vegas, was new to Vegas himself and he was from Chicago. I met him in the 10th grade,and did not know at the time,but He turned into a world class connection, and we made fast easy money doing work for his dad and friends. Only by the grace of God,did I make it through those years. Smoked angel dust a handful of times,[now that shit should not be consumed by humans] would not endorse it. Ate mushrooms about a dozen times[love them,still will eat them bad boys if I can locate] ate peyote once and found out I was Crazy Horse in a previous life.Used to eat mini whites or crossroads when it was really Dexedrine. Loved smoking Blonde Lebanese,and Black Afghani Hash and oil[miss that stuff}.Been just weed since 03 except for a couple shroom trips. Been married 38 years now and thankfully none of our 4 children followed in my drug footsteps. It was fun,but my talent was wasted by my abuse. We had this thing among us where the line was...A person has got to Maintain...so we were always challenging each other to stuff like...lets see if we can drop acid and make it through a school day...I seen some funny stuff in class,the 70's were a trip.

I guess I'll come clear.

My parents went to Europe during my second semester as a senior in HS. They made the mistake of trusting me to stay in our house alone. I never missed many days of school since kinder, but I think I missed about 10 days that semester.

I started smoking weed daily. I barely stopped for 30 years. There were many days in a row, I lit up first thing in the morn. When I got to Notre Dame, there weren't as many tokers as most schools in the late 70's, but there was a circle of us who shared the buds. A pre-med friend of mine had a doctor for a dad, and always had tons of pharmaceuticals to pass around- Ludes, Valium, speed, downers, and more. We dabbled in mushrooms and a little coke, but I never dropped acid until I was in my mid 20's. I think I've tried about everything
    not involving needles that was around from 1977 to the early 2000's. I tried free basing, but that scared the hell out of me. I loved smoking opium before a Dead concert. I tripped my brains out at a Who concert at Syracuse University.

I drank a lot in college but never liked wine and only tolerated beer. I was probably an alcoholic, but I started not drinking any type of booze that I got sick after drinking. I was left with just Vodka, Tequilla and could still stomach beer. My ex was an alchy, and all her friends and family were, too. They were all "functional" but I grew tired of the slobbery drunken scenes. I don't drink at all. It's probably been 15+ years since I've drank a whole beer. I don't miss it at all.

Once I got married, I pretty much just stuck to weed. It got me through my divorce, but I got so overweight and lazy I finally got myself on a low carb diet, started running and quit smoking for long stretches broken up by a few tokes here and there. Man, I have always loved the smell of some great green bud.

Once I moved to Mexico in 2004, I never smoked, except on my summer trips back to Maine. That's pretty much were I've been at since then. I only toke one night a year while in Maine, when I get together with the old crew and shoot pool all night long.

I don't crave anything anymore, but if I smell good weed, I think of taking a toke or two. My current wife has never even taken one hit of pot or anything illegal. She knows my history.

That's pretty much my story.

Yes, Pot should be legal everywhere.

Sox 4 Ever

I agree weed should be legalized, but I would not use your story to publicly advocate for it

Weed is legal in Saskatchewan where I live but I don't like it. Have tried it a couple times but don't like the feeling. I like drinking that's about it. Usually every second weekend I will down about 7 or 8 beers on a Saturday. That's about the extent of my drugs haha.

Big tobacco is playing us all for fools, and the state governments are complicit.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I've never touched any drug, alcohol, or even coffee, and have no intention of doing so as long as I live
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I've never touched any drug, alcohol, or even coffee, and have no intention of doing so as long as I live
    That’s good man. I couldn’t live without coffee though. My mornings would be unpleasant

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    That’s good man. I couldn’t live without coffee though. My mornings would be unpleasant
    On days when I'm sleep deprived, I'll occasionally get a headache. When that happens, I'll either get caffeine (a noted less amount) from a healthier source, like soda sweetened with stevia, or I'll take an Advil
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Major Leaguer oldmaninthevegasdesert's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Never say never, I did once, lived a double life for 3 years in high school and then 2 years at a JC in Cali

Deity
    I am not listing out everything I did in my late teens and early 20s, which had extended periods of abuse of alcohol and a wide variety of narcotics.

Nowadays, I drink too much coffee, but that is it. But not even as much as a single beer for the past couple decades...

Aside from weed and booze, I haven't done anything else. I'm ok with it. Don't feel like I missed out on anything. LSD or shrooms could have been interesting but I'm too old for that shit now.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")