Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz View Post
    I'm just giving you shit.
    You're not the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    For me drugs have never been about rebellion or anything political at all. Just my own selfish desire to get a buzz on.
    Same. Even when I first started, I didn't do it because I thought it was the cool thing to do or anything. I was just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    You're not the only one.
    I'm just curious to know, but should marijuana be legalized?

Quote Originally Posted by rjortiz View Post
    I'm just curious to know, but should marijuana be legalized?
    Doesn't matter to me.
    I can't disagree with you

True till 21
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Major Leaguer
    In the US, cops get guns, not just the silly hats and clubs they provide in the UK. I'm fine with the police being overly strict about who gets in.
    silly hats and clubs, they aren't the keystone cops you know. The police here look exactly the same as your lot only without the firearm unless they are armed response. They have the same hats, the same pepper spray, the same telescopic batons, the same tazers, the same everything. They, the police, are the same the world over in their attitude. The differences are minute. They are just one big well equipped gang full of wrong uns, sex cases, murderers, thieves, drug dealers, extortionists, racketeers, etc. They just have better PR and the government on their side. If you think the police force is made up of fine morally correct upstanding balanced people then you are deluded my friend.
    Who delivers ten times out of ten? Thats right baby.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnShaft View Post
    silly hats and clubs, they aren't the keystone cops you know. The police here look exactly the same as your lot only without the firearm unless they are armed response. They have the same hats, the same pepper spray, the same telescopic batons, the same tazers, the same everything. They, the police, are the same the world over in their attitude. The differences are minute. They are just one big well equipped gang full of wrong uns, sex cases, murderers, thieves, drug dealers, extortionists, racketeers, etc. They just have better PR and the government on their side. If you think the police force is made up of fine morally correct upstanding balanced people then you are deluded my friend.

More people really need to realize this. Some people out there think that if someone puts on a badge they are automatically a hero, someone who will ONLY do good, and cares about everyone's well being. Nope.

I've never seen anything that suggests that generalization is true. Most cops around here won't fuck with you for petty shit. They're just the same as other humans, some are good some are bad and the ones that are bad can really fuck up the reputation of the ones that are trying to do good.

Having said that, a lot of cops obviously think that they're hot shit and definitely could use some humility even if what they are doing is a service to the community.
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by JohnShaft View Post
    Clockwork Orange, huh?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Major Leaguer
    You develop a true sense of what the police are like when you start attending football matches and I don't just mean they way they treat you on matchday with dogs and horses. We've seen them cause a disaster and then blame the dead some of whom were as young as 10. When people were lying on the ground dying they were busy ignoring them and briefing the media on the story they wanted to get out, aided and abetted by the government of the day. To top all that then they even tried to appropriate some of the disaster funds to decorate their reception area and one of them even suggested they buy a holiday flat in the sun for police to use. Last year the PM here even apologised for their actions. This wasn't just a couple of officers either, this was the whole South Yorkshire Police Force hand in hand with the government. 96 people died.
    Who delivers ten times out of ten? Thats right baby.

Banned
    The police are just another gang.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rjortiz View Post
    The police are just another gang.
    Right, so naturally, if your house was being robbed or your child was kidnapped, you'd call the Latin Kings.

There are bad cops. There are bad lawyers and chefs and electricians and probably bad circus clowns. The only reason the bad cops are more noticeable is because of the nature of their jobs. You may read a story about a cop who shot an unarmed kid. You know what isn't in that same newspaper? The story about his 150 colleagues on the force who did their jobs that day. Who arrested a guy for stealing a car and tasered some asshole who was beating his wife.

The people who claim that cops are all criminals and assholes are just as bad as the cops and others who claim that the police can do no wrong. No entrance requirements or tests are perfect. Psychos and assholes slip through the cracks. It's sad, but it's true. In the end, I'm glad the police are out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    That post is spot on, well said YOTN.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Right, so naturally, if your house was being robbed or your child was kidnapped, you'd call the Latin Kings.

There are bad cops. There are bad lawyers and chefs and electricians and probably bad circus clowns. The only reason the bad cops are more noticeable is because of the nature of their jobs. You may read a story about a cop who shot an unarmed kid. You know what isn't in that same newspaper? The story about his 150 colleagues on the force who did their jobs that day. Who arrested a guy for stealing a car and tasered some asshole who was beating his wife.

The people who claim that cops are all criminals and assholes are just as bad as the cops and others who claim that the police can do no wrong. No entrance requirements or tests are perfect. Psychos and assholes slip through the cracks. It's sad, but it's true. In the end, I'm glad the police are out there.
    But there are no bad Kings of TalkSox!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Great post sir.