Register now to remove this ad

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Thread: 10/12 ALCS game 1 vs the Detroit kitty-cats

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth View Post
    That's not good pitching, though. He was insanely fortunate that nobody even blooped one in like Peralta did against Lester
    That's how I feel. Walking six batters and having tightrope innings is not "perfect" by any measure.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth View Post
    That's not good pitching, though. He was insanely fortunate that nobody even blooped one in like Peralta did against Lester
    He executed every time that he had to execute. I tip my hat to the guy.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by marklmw View Post
    Peralta sucks
    Mark---Peralta does not suck at the plate at Fenway Park. He was the guy whose three run homer in the second game of the 2007 ALCS off of Lester began our slide that sent us reeling to a 3-1 deficit before we turned the tables and came back and took the next three games. He seems to his well in our ballpark and he certainly didn't suck last night. Here's hoping he sucks a big one tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Can someone tell a700 to go fuck himself? I understand he is envious of my marvelous mojo, but he shouldn't be so obvious about it.

I tried to get Ted on the phone today but left a message instead. We all have to cut this type of shit out because we're all in this together. We will elated and ready to get shitfaced if we win this series and also be knee deep in the blues if we don't. This is the time we all have to pull on the same rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I was going to do it, unless someone else wants to, someone with good mojo.
    I don't give a damn who does it Youk----just so some good mojo to get us all out of what I hope is just this temporary funk. I'll bet dollars to donuts that if we pull tonight's game out of the fire the clamor between 700 Hitter and USER will die down. So go to it; give us some of that good Dago mojo. It sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    This is the last i will say of the subject: At what point is something done about the constant needling? I ignore most of the shit he says, but it doesn't stop.Why do i have to put up with the constant string of harassment, especially since ignore doesn't work because of the quote function?

If you go back through the backlog of posts, you will see that i don't address him unless he addresses me multiple times first. It's infuriating.
    USER, you and I have had some exchanges over the season and it never dissolved into a hate fest....so please listen up to what I'm saying. You owe none of us an excuse or an explanation for anything. It was you first and foremost who insisted that Koji be put at closer and while I was second or third to support that, it was a distant second or third. That mojo moment made the season because there was no damn way we win the AL East if he isn't put there by Farrell. So in effect you did the gigantic deed for the season right there. As far as any mojo maybe the Koji thing used up most of it. I talk to 700 Hitter on the phone and know he's a great guy and a good friend. He was just frustrated as we all were. Nothing to get alarmed about. If necessary, let someone else like YOUK take the lead tonight. And, again, we are all in this together.

Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    USER, you and I have had some exchanges over the season and it never dissolved into a hate fest....so please listen up to what I'm saying. You owe none of us an excuse or an explanation for anything. It was you first and foremost who insisted that Koji be put at closer and while I was second or third to support that, it was a distant second or third. That mojo moment made the season because there was no damn way we win the AL East if he isn't put there by Farrell. So in effect you did the gigantic deed for the season right there. As far as any mojo maybe the Koji thing used up most of it. I talk to 700 Hitter on the phone and know he's a great guy and a good friend. He was just frustrated as we all were. Nothing to get alarmed about. If necessary, let someone else like YOUK take the lead tonight. And, again, we are all in this together.
    Pfft! He's crying, but he asked someone to quote him so I could see that he was telling me to go f **k myself. LOL!! That's my last word on it.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Joe West was just 2% of the problem of this game. They were just putrid. Hopefully Farrell mix shit up for game 2. Bogaerts could use a start.
    Facing a righty again Bogaerts isn't going to get a start tonight. Fact is, he didn't look too swift at all when batting last night and it is a tough position for a rookie with little Major League experience to be in. Of course, in that he was in good company. None of our guys last night distinguished himself at the plate and, moreover, they spent an inordinate amount of time bitching and complaining to Joe West and wasn't the guy we had to hit off.

Quote Originally Posted by Brennan View Post
    I would hit her over Janet Reno.

Just saying
    I think I'm going to throw up......and ever notice how Republican woman have it all over Democratic ones? To me the contrast is stark.