Register now to remove this ad

Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788
Results 1,306 to 1,315 of 1315

Thread: 10/27 World Series Game 4 @ St Louis

His contract is 2/$26 with incentive bonuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxSport View Post
    Poor Breslow may have been overused, and hit a wall. That cannot happen to Uehara. Salty is weak defensively, and they have to focus on defense up the middle. The last few games has probably taught them a lot. Catching is a critical defensive position.

Middlebrooks is still growing. I thought he should have had that Holiday shot, but it's a game of inches. And I can't fault him on the last obstruction play--it was unintentional, and the rule should read that way. It's a bad rule, and led to a freaky result. Salty obviously erred twice--bad judgement and bad throw.

Hey, it's even again. The Sox have more heart than the Cardinals. With Ross catching, the Series might be over right now. Hope Vic is OK. They left Bradley out there somewhere, knowing at some point they might wish they had him.
    Good post ... JBJ over Dempster may have made more sense. Easy to say now but having a back-up for Ellsbury makes perfect sense.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    His contract is 2/$26 with incentive bonuses.
    right ... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Navafan29 View Post
    History was made today. The emotions of triumph and defeat summed up in one image: http://pho.to/41VYu/x8/original
    I think the Torii Hunter flip with the cop going crazy tops that, but barely.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Legend
    Just watched this game again. They showed a replay of that obstruction play previous game with a camera behind home plate looking up the third baseline. The baserunner was off the baseline--a couple of feet inside it, in fair territory. Middlebrooks was well off the baseline on the infield side--his legs were in fair territory at the edge of the grass. the baserunner tripped over his legs because he was well inside the baseline. If he was on the baseline, he could have avoided his legs. So maybe it was intentional. Whatever, it was a poor call--the baserunner actually was in fair territory, and was just as guilty of interfering with Middlebrooks.

In the game last night, that home plate ump gave a couple of key pitches late to the Cards: against Napoli in the 9th (that was not strike 3) and Bogaerts (first slider was high and inside--he should have walked).

Ross called a super game--excellent framing of pitches for Doubront--inside and outside corners. He did have a passed ball with Lackey, but it was a slider that tailed way down and inside to the LHd hitter. Lackey is a very gutsy pitcher.

I thought Papi might have had that throw from Bogaerts in the 8th or 9th, after that great stop. Napoli doesn't have much stretch. Ortiz is an underrated first baseman who can still play in spots. He might have stretched far enough to catch that throw on a bounce.

You had to be impressed with Berry's SB, after the MF media had elevated Molina to sainthood. Hopefully, Farrell got the message, and we'll see more SBs.

I think Game 7 is certainly all hands on deck if it goes that far. If Peavy does start, I expect Doubront will be ready to piggy back off of him if he sucks. I also would think that everyone who isn't named Clay Buchholz would be available. I can see Lester and Lackey coming out of the bullpen if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Brennan View Post
    Yeah happy birthday Fred!

A yankee credit card? Never mind..
    Hey---for a free two tickets to a Red Sox-Yankee game? Hell, I might give up a pinky for that. Besides the Red Sox won that game in a walk.

Poor Breslow may have been overused, and hit a wall. That cannot happen to Uehara. Salty is weak defensively, and they have to focus on defense up the middle. The last few games has probably taught them a lot. Catching is a critical defensive position.

Middlebrooks is still growing. I thought he should have had that Holiday shot, but it's a game of inches. And I can't fault him on the last obstruction play--it was unintentional, and the rule should read that way. It's a bad rule, and led to a freaky result. Salty obviously erred twice--bad judgement and bad throw.

Hey, it's even again. The Sox have more heart than the Cardinals. With Ross catching, the Series might be over right now. Hope Vic is OK. They left Bradley out there somewhere, knowing at some point they might wish they had him.
    Wow!!!!! What a time for Breslow to hit a wall Sox Sport. I mean the guy was money in the bank until this series and I hope he gets a second wind and comes through if used again. We need all our solid bullpen crew working good innings. And as for Salty, he seems to have reverted back to the first two years he caught for us. Too many strikeouts and bad decisions behind the plate. I wonder if the pressure is getting to him because I guy just doesn't go off the deep end defensively all of a sudden. Or maybe I'm wrong about that. We might be better with Ross back there after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I assume the 7th game starter would be Peavy, but with all hands on deck...if Doubront doesn't pitch in Games 5 or 6 he would have 3 days rest.
    All hands on deck and no "I don't want to lose him" crap or "I want to build his confidence" either. A very short leash for anyone in that seventh game, but I have a better idea and so do you, RSFFL and the rest of the crew here. How about putting it all together and win that game tonight and then finish it off in the sixth game at Fenway on Wednesday. Could our guys make it easy on themselves and us by doing that?

Just watched this game again. They showed a replay of that obstruction play previous game with a camera behind home plate looking up the third baseline. The baserunner was off the baseline--a couple of feet inside it, in fair territory. Middlebrooks was well off the baseline on the infield side--his legs were in fair territory at the edge of the grass. the baserunner tripped over his legs because he was well inside the baseline. If he was on the baseline, he could have avoided his legs. So maybe it was intentional. Whatever, it was a poor call--the baserunner actually was in fair territory, and was just as guilty of interfering with Middlebrooks.

In the game last night, that home plate ump gave a couple of key pitches late to the Cards: against Napoli in the 9th (that was not strike 3) and Bogaerts (first slider was high and inside--he should have walked).

Ross called a super game--excellent framing of pitches for Doubront--inside and outside corners. He did have a passed ball with Lackey, but it was a slider that tailed way down and inside to the LHd hitter. Lackey is a very gutsy pitcher.

I thought Papi might have had that throw from Bogaerts in the 8th or 9th, after that great stop. Napoli doesn't have much stretch. Ortiz is an underrated first baseman who can still play in spots. He might have stretched far enough to catch that throw on a bounce.

You had to be impressed with Berry's SB, after the MF media had elevated Molina to sainthood. Hopefully, Farrell got the message, and we'll see more SBs.
    I don't know if Craig ever touched home plate at the end of Game 3. He missed it, but you can't tell if he touched it after the slide because his team crowded around him. And yes, idk why more people aren't talking about how Craig could have gone around Middlebrooks... Also, the example in the rulebook for the obstruction rule that kept being played on TV might have been intended to be about a situation where a second baseman or shortstop dives trying to get a wild throw to second on a stolen base attempt and impede's the runner's progress.
    Last edited by Navafan29; 10-28-2013 at 03:45 PM.