Thread: 2014 Olympics

Hybrid View

2014 Olympics

Figured I'd open a thread for this.
    Anyone been following this?

Banned
    Just hockey, but not anything else.

I've been watching as much as possible.

I even watched the Russians loose at Curling last night!!! I think curling is stupid and does not belong in the Olympics as a medal sport. But I always enjoy watching the Russians taking one up the pooper!!!

I love speed so watching downhill, luge, and speed skating is fun for me.

Last night I got to see Bob Costa drink a shot of vodka live. He and Carillo were very funny. Of course, neither of them know how to drink vodka!!!!

I'm looking forward to the Hockey but I watch everything. I probably watch about 5-6 hours a day of coverage.

I watched the opening ceremony while at Kings on Friday, but haven't seen anything else. Aside from the hockey, I couldn't care less what happens.

So NBC finally came to their senses and kicked Costas off the air because of his eye infection. Matt Lauer will take his place in the primetime slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    My stepfather was watching last night, I happened to notice as I was cleaning and stopped to watch skiing for a minute or two. Did I see Kazakhstan in the running for skiing?
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    My stepfather was watching last night, I happened to notice as I was cleaning and stopped to watch skiing for a minute or two. Did I see Kazakhstan in the running for skiing?
    Kazakhstan has something crazy like 50 athletes, really unexpected.

I have always been a huge Olympics fan. I watch every minute I can. We actually started a 2014 Olympics Fantasy League at work, and it has been a ton of fun.

It irks me so much when people say the name of a country wrong, especially after watching the Opening Ceremony. Sometimes it's out of ignorance, and other times, it's just sheer stupidity.

I watched skeleton (sp?). It was ok. The slopestyle was interesting, but it's not something I'd watch for longer than 10 minutes.

So before today, the only possible way for the U.S. to get in the second seed was for this to happen:

US beats Slovenia by 4 or more goals and the Canada-Finland game to go into overtime.

And that's exactly what happened.
    (Well okay, the US only had to win their game by 3 since Canada ended up winning, but whatever).

On top of that, the net-dislodging incident yesterday with Russia saved our butts. What I'm saying is that a lot of unlikely circumstances have all happened for the US to get the second seed. We're capable of beating Russia and Canada is having problems playing at their full potential. We have as good a chance as ever of winning this thing, so let's WIN the olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Navafan29 View Post
    So before today, the only possible way for the U.S. to get in the second seed was for this to happen:

US beats Slovenia by 4 or more goals and the Canada-Finland game to go into overtime.

And that's exactly what happened.
    (Well okay, the US only had to win their game by 3 since Canada ended up winning, but whatever).

On top of that, the net-dislodging incident yesterday with Russia saved our butts. What I'm saying is that a lot of unlikely circumstances have all happened for the US to get the second seed. We're capable of beating Russia and Canada is having problems playing at their full potential. We have as good a chance as ever of winning this thing, so let's WIN the olympics.
    He's referring to men's hockey. FYI.

Kind of unrelated, but today I skiied on the same slopes that were used for the Salt Lake City Games in 2002. I'm obviously in Utah, been here for a few days now. Ski slopes are part of the Park City Mountain Resort.

Maybe its just me, but I have never been interested in winter Olympics, I just don't find this stuff interesting. I mean I guess some of snowboarding or whatever is cool, but I don't like hockey and I don't understand how people watch curling. It was on at the bar yesterday at my work and people were getting into it, like what the fuck? Its so boring.