Register now to remove this ad

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Farrell making bad judgments, yet again, should've kept francona

  1. #1

    Farrell making bad judgments, yet again, should've kept francona

    Last year with all the blunders farrell made they won in spite of him. Jackie bradley doesn't belong at this level and he proves it everynight. Daniel Nava should be playing in his place

  2. #2
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    22,797
    News flash: Farrell is the field manager, not the general manager.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    News flash: Farrell is the field manager, not the general manager.
    The power hitters are not hitting with power, the singles and doubles hitters aren't hitting singles and doubles, we have two starting pitchers who aren't worth shit right now, and it looks like the team is going through the motions at half speed. Was the easy-does-it approach during ST culpable in this disastrous start we're having? As for Farrell, he is trying the best he can but he looks flummoxed to the max. He never turns the runners loose anymore and is waiting for the three run homer that hardly is ever coming. Sure, thanks to Cherington we lost much of our speed, and Victorino can't stay in one piece this season. However, maybe a few hit and runs, bunt and runs and trying to open the game a tad might work. Two more weeks of this and some of us will consider throwing in the towel. This team just doesn't seem to know how to win right now and who know if they will ever shake themselves from their stupor.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    News flash: Farrell is the field manager, not the general manager.
    News flash to you moron, Ben has said many times he takes Farrel's input seriousely and while Cherrington makes the final decision, he takes Farrells input serious and if Farrell really wants something, Ben will do it. Ie, sending nava down was a Farrell decision as quoted by Farrell himself. So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  5. #5
    Fight the Hate Dojji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    18,364
    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    News flash to you moron, Ben has said many times he takes Farrel's input seriousely and while Cherrington makes the final decision, he takes Farrells input serious and if Farrell really wants something, Ben will do it. Ie, sending nava down was a Farrell decision as quoted by Farrell himself. So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.
    Less of the moron, if you're going to speak this moronically.

    Farrell may have input, but Cheringtin is the general manager and makes the personnel moves.

    You are in no position to say anything to anyone about ridiculous posts.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

  6. #6
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    29,916
    Nava sucked offesively this year. Nava sucks defensively every year, especially in CF.

    That is a terrible idea.

  7. #7
    Didn't Farrell win a championship his first year? He may have input in the decision making, but BC makes the final decisions. It is only the middle of May, the Sox are only 2 and a half out, the weather has been terrible this spring for the hitters, and looking what has happened to starting pitchers in the AL East I think it is way to early to panic. If the Sox SP stays healthy and the bats warm up as the weather gets better the Sox will be fine.

  8. #8
    Fight the Hate Dojji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    18,364
    Did he suggest Nava in centerfield? Wow, I hadn't noticed that. That's absurd, he barely has the range to function at the corners.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

  9. #9
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    22,797
    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    News flash to you moron, Ben has said many times he takes Farrel's input seriousely and while Cherrington makes the final decision, he takes Farrells input serious and if Farrell really wants something, Ben will do it. Ie, sending nava down was a Farrell decision as quoted by Farrell himself. So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.
    If you really want to try hurting somebody with words, first you need to learn about this useful thing called grammar.

  10. #10
    beancounter Jacoby_Ellsbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,961
    Joeycaps making bad judgments, yet again, should've kept Pumpsie Green.

  11. #11
    Resident Old Fart Spudboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    24,359
    lol

  12. #12
    Rookie GomesBeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central NJ USA
    Posts
    310
    Maybe we can trade joeycaps for Joey Bats...

  13. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,375
    Farrell is probably not as good a manager as Tito. At the same time, he clearly did well enough to win the World Series, and the next day an organization can truly hit the reset button on a mistake (like the Sox did with their entire front office philosophy in 2012) will be the first. Be happy the team was smart enough to go back to the pre-2011 way.

    What are the manager's most important jobs? Setting the lineup and managing the pitching staff. Farrell has been excellent in the former all through his tenure - the latter less so, although at the end of last season he improved a lot there. He handles the media well. The rest of it is not that big a deal - and the players have to pick up some of the slack here.
    Last edited by sk7326; 05-27-2014 at 08:42 AM.

  14. #14
    Rookie GomesBeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central NJ USA
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    Farrell is probably not as good a manager as Tito. At the same time, he clearly did well enough to win the World Series, and the next day an organization can truly hit the reset button on a mistake (like the Sox did with their entire front office philosophy in 2012) will be the first. Be happy the team was smart enough to go back to the pre-2011 way.

    What are the manager's most important jobs? Setting the lineup and managing the pitching staff. Farrell has been excellent in the former all through his tenure - the latter less so, although at the end of last season he improved a lot there. He handles the media well. The rest of it is not that big a deal - and the players have to pick up some of the slack here.
    And ensuring clear communications. I think Farrell does a good job with that, by all accounts. And the players respect him, like they did Tito and unlike Bobby V. Tito and Farrell also never throw a player under the bus, and take the heat for whatever themselves. The players appreciate that, even though I'm sure there is accountability behind closed doors in the clubhouse.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •