Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Celtics

Celtics

Anybody watch the Celts - Charlotte game last night? I don't usually watch the NBA due to the atrocious refs and the proliferation of chest thumping prima donna players, but somehow I got caught up in the game. Their roster has been overhauled due to trades and injuries so they have some guys I've never seen play before. And they were entertaining. Heinsohn was in rare form comparing Isiah Thomas to Tiny Archibald. They've won 7 out of 10 and 3 in a row but unfortunately they play the Warriors tomorrow which could be a mismatch. The playoffs are actually a possibility which is a total shock to somebody like me who hasn't payed attention to them all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogden View Post
    Anybody watch the Celts - Charlotte game last night? I don't usually watch the NBA due to the atrocious refs and the proliferation of chest thumping prima donna players, but somehow I got caught up in the game. Their roster has been overhauled due to trades and injuries so they have some guys I've never seen play before. And they were entertaining. Heinsohn was in rare form comparing Isiah Thomas to Tiny Archibald. They've won 7 out of 10 and 3 in a row but unfortunately they play the Warriors tomorrow which could be a mismatch. The playoffs are actually a possibility which is a total shock to somebody like me who hasn't payed attention to them all year.
    We somehow got to watch the game from an unsold suite for cheap. Obviously enjoyed the game quite a bit, but this team needs a few more years, even if they make the playoffs.

I was wondering when a comparison to Archibald would be used.

I saw Tiny Archibald play many, many times.

There really is no comparison other than they are able to both score and distribute the ball.

Tiny was not so tiny!!! He had a good 3 inches on this Thomas.

Archibald was one of the most prolific offensive players I ever saw.

He led the league in scoring and assists.

He was legend in New York park and summer league play.

His talent was largely wasted in towns like KC Omaha.

But he did get to play with the great Sam Lacey!!!!!!!

Only reason Celtics will have a chance to make the playoffs is because the East is absolutely awful. The Wizards are the 5th seed in the East and wouldn't make the playoffs in the West if it started today and two teams in the East will make the playoffs with an under.500 record. Archibald is a hall of famer and Thomas is on his 3rd team in 4 seasons and is above average at best.

And I don't mean to hate on Celtics, I don't care about them at all, but I don't see them making playoffs as I believe Heat and Pacers will get back their injured stars (Wade and Paul George) and secure 7th and 8th seed, even with bad records.

Like I said, I don't watch the NBA much, but from what I saw of the Celts, they at least are more interesting to watch currently than earlier in the season or the last couple years. Heiny comparing Thomas to Archibald is just typical Heiny. Prone to overstatement would be an understatement. I can't tell if he just gets wrapped up in the moment or he's yanking everybody's chain with some of his comments.

My Celts played a great game yesterday. They aren't championship caliber, but at least they are fun to watch. Nothing was worse than the terrible teams Pierce was on. All the focus was on him and they didn't play team ball. He was lucky that Ainge convinced his old buddy McHale to let him borrow Kevin Garnett for a championship.

The 2001-2002 Celtics team is one of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Celtics collapsed badly after a encouraging start.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Ladies and gentlemen, your GE celtics!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...million-a-year

Quote Originally Posted by Red Foreman View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, your GE celtics!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...million-a-year
    Dry heaves...
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogden View Post
    Hopefully the chest thumping won't obscure the sacrosant GE patches.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.