Register now to remove this ad

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The Tiger?
    the cat I guess as some call him these days - all the young guys seem to want a piece of him - good luck with that - be careful what you wish for. Plus the $ he is now bringing to the tour is unbelievable.

Deity
    That was an incredible Masters and I couldn't be happier for Reed and the way he hung in there. He has worked hard.

I didn't realize until moments after he won that I have a ball signed by him. I work as a standard bearer at the Travelers Championship, and walked with Reed, Bubba, and Kuchar in 2016, on Reed's 26 birthday, as it so happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I didn't realize until moments after he won that I have a ball signed by him. I work as a standard bearer at the Travelers Championship, and walked with Reed, Bubba, and Kuchar in 2016, on Reed's 26 birthday, as it so happened.
    Now yup I am duly impressed! Good for you. I bet that you saw one or two absolutely phenomenal shots. What a great 3 some to work.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Now yup I am duly impressed! Good for you. I bet that you saw one or two absolutely phenomenal shots. What a great 3 some to work.
    I topped it last year by walking with Daniel Berger in the 2nd to last group on Sunday, witnessing his comeback to tie Spieth, then getting a front row seat inside the ropes for Spieth's now famous hole out from the bunker.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I topped it last year by walking with Daniel Berger in the 2nd to last group on Sunday, witnessing his comeback to tie Spieth, then getting a front row seat inside the ropes for Spieth's now famous hole out from the bunker.
    Great stuff - something to be said for the game of golf in CT.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Great stuff - something to be said for the game of golf in CT.
    Definitely. I got a glimpse of what it was like to be a player walking up 18 either in the lead or tied for it. I put into words what that walk up 18 felt like, 20,000 people giving a standing O to my guy. I had walked with him the day before as well, and told him after that final round that he had a fan in me for life.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Total asshole only now paying up because he got called on his bullshit. Caddies normally get 10%.

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/...pay-full-50000
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Total asshole only now paying up because he got called on his bullshit. Caddies normally get 10%.

Most PGA players have their own caddies who they use for every tournament. These caddies have experience with the golfer, their swing, their game, etc., so they can offer insight during the match. They offer more to the golfer than just carrying the bag. From what I understand, the caddie that Kuchar used was a replacement provided by either the PGA or the course because his normal caddie couldn't make it. So I assume he was more of a "just carry the bag" kind of caddie. So is that worth the same 10% that a normal caddie is worth? Probably not. But if I just won over a million bucks, I think I would've been a bit more generous than that.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Most PGA players have their own caddies who they use for every tournament. These caddies have experience with the golfer, their swing, their game, etc., so they can offer insight during the match. They offer more to the golfer than just carrying the bag. From what I understand, the caddie that Kuchar used was a replacement provided by either the PGA or the course because his normal caddie couldn't make it. So I assume he was more of a "just carry the bag" kind of caddie. So is that worth the same 10% that a normal caddie is worth? Probably not. But if I just won over a million bucks, I think I would've been a bit more generous than that.
    absolutely right! Kuchar made it right as he should have. Anyone calling one of the most respected players on tour not to mention the fact that he is committed to his family, an asshole does not really get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post

Lame, but what do expect from grown men trying to hit a little ball into a hole in the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Lame, but what do expect from grown men trying to hit a little ball into a hole in the ground?
    Ha, as opposed to baseball where grown men throw, hit and catch a larger ball and run around.

All sports are nonsensical when you deconstruct them.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Ha, as opposed to baseball where grown men throw, hit and catch a larger ball and run around.

All sports are nonsensical when you deconstruct them.

Even Slam Ball?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Even Slam Ball?
    Even "Wicked Big" beer pong!!!

The only sport that makes sense on every level is dodgeball.