Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Banning of SBF

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

The Banning of SBF

I am going to say this right now, and I'm making a new thread so no one can claim not to have seen this post:

I do not want to spend the next three weeks reading posts about how GREAT it is that Fred is not here anymore. I know it's great, but Fred still has a couple buddies on this site and you all know damn well that being smug about his banning is just an excuse for you to rub it in. No snide remarks, no constant baiting, I do not want to hear ANYTHING about Ted or iortiz being harassed about this. Both of them are just as valued by me and this site as the rest of you, so leave it be. It's done, it's over, and we are going to move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Okay. I'm still in tears from that comment. This last week, I've seen an unusual amount of teasing in school, and the last thing I wanted to see when I came on here was more of the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Don't let it get to you, man. I got teased and bullied mercilessly in high school. I had basically no friends. But in the time after graduation, when I wasn't bogged down in the cliques and the pettiness and the shit that comes with being under 18 and subject to rules, I got away from all of that and became pretty cool (I mean, look at me now, I'm fucking awesome). You will too, and you have the added bonus of not being as unbearably nerdy as I am.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

I consider myself a big nerd, who just also happens to be athletic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I consider myself a big nerd, who just also happens to be athletic.

Oh please, can you even name a single episode of Star Trek?

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Oh please, can you even name a single episode of Star Trek?
    That is before my time, so no.

I will miss Fred, but he definitely was at the center of a lot of arguments. Hopefully everyone else can get along.

I would have liked to have the opportunity to meet him in person. Wherever you are Fred, you are going to be fine, you are a tremendous red sox fan.

Hopefully that the personal attacks and insults stop.
    Last edited by iortiz; 06-04-2015 at 08:05 PM.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    That is before my time, so no.
    Start with the movies, then get into the series. I'm a TNG guy myself. Picard is the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Fred acts much different on the phone. His rants mainly amused me. Unfortunately, he came unhinged the last few days and the taunting of him the last few days accelerated and worsened his rants. Also, it is unfortunate that the real cancer is still here and that will become evident in short order.

@ Thunder, many of us were nerds in high school. High School sucks and it seems to last forever, but it doesn't. It will end and so will the bullying. The cool high school kids that I went to school with want to be me now. How is that for irony.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Fred acts much different on the phone. His rants mainly amused me. Unfortunately, he came unhinged the last few days and the taunting of him the last few days accelerated and worsened his rants. Also, it is unfortunate that the real cancer is still here and that will become evident in short order.

@ Thunder, many of us were nerds in high school. High School sucks and it seems to last forever, but it doesn't. It will end and so will the bullying. The cool high school kids that I went to school with want to be me now. How is that for irony.
    I wouldn't even call it taunting on my part, just teasing him about being a one trick pony with his posts. I'm actually sorry he's been banned, even if the repetitiveness of his posts grated from time to time.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    I don't know why so many posters on the site disliked high school lol. High school was amazing to me.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    I don't know why so many posters on the site disliked high school lol. High school was amazing to me.
    High school didn't suck, it was just boring. I was a lot happier once I got out of my parents' house.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    So you were one of the cool kids?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    So you were one of the cool kids?
    I was well known, but I wouldn't consider myself a cool kid. Life was very simple in high school. Less responsibilities, partying, the women, etc. I actually kept a small circle of friends. Most people in high school were fake.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.