Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Red Sox 2015 Draft

Legend
    Law notes where each of the Top 10 picks would land in each teams rankings.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/keit...r/post?id=4008

Boston: Andrew Benintendi, OF
    New No. 5 prospect

Yoan Moncada, Rafael Devers, Manuel Margot and Henry Owens are all ahead of Benintendi, and there's a decent case to be made for Javier Guerra being ahead of him as well. This system happens to be particularly strong, and I rated Benintendi a bit lower than where he was taken in the draft.

Deity
    Margot promoted to Portland. A reason to take in a game? Bradley, Betts, Margot, Binintendi - all good athletes. All the same type of player? speed - good defense - decent arms - limited power potential.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Margot promoted to Portland. A reason to take in a game? Bradley, Betts, Margot, Binintendi - all good athletes. All the same type of player? speed - good defense - decent arms - limited power potential.
    Without a doubt. Margot is in Portland before he can drink. That is a terrific story. He at this point looks to have at worst a very high floor.

Andrew Benintendi won baseball america's college player of the year award. I didn't realize how big a deal this was until I saw all of the last recipients of the award...

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseba...the_Year_Award)

Between 2000 and 2010, the majority of the picks have all been stars, with exceptions of Mark Prior/Khali Greene. Between 1990 and 2000 are another group of stars, including Varitek and JD Drew. Before that are a few hall of famers.

Man, I hope the Red Sox have something in this guy.

Prior was a star until injuries derailed his career.
    We miss you Mike.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    Without a doubt. Margot is in Portland before he can drink. That is a terrific story. He at this point looks to have at worst a very high floor.
    I will go see him soon.