Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 06/14 vs The Donaldsons

Nice job.
    "It happens to everybody, man. He's had 60 at-bats. A couple of years ago, I had 60 at-bats, and I was hitting .170, and everyone was ready to kill me, too. And what happened? Laser show. So, relax."

E-rod has such a nasty moving fastball, cuts right into bats, hard to hit him.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    E-rod has such a nasty moving fastball, cuts right into bats, hard to hit him.
    I can't believe the O's gave him to us.
    "It happens to everybody, man. He's had 60 at-bats. A couple of years ago, I had 60 at-bats, and I was hitting .170, and everyone was ready to kill me, too. And what happened? Laser show. So, relax."

Quote Originally Posted by NativeBostonian View Post
    I can't believe the O's gave him to us.
    He was their 4th best pitching prospect at the time. So not hard to believe. Credits to our scouts and development.

This OF makes me wants to punch things

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    He was their 4th best pitching prospect at the time. So not hard to believe. Credits to our scouts and development.
    But, it was essentially for a rental play in Andrew Miller, right?

Let's see if ERod can limit the damage here.

Come on kid. You can do this.

Farrell did have a good point. No way the runner could touch the bag.

JBJ gets both of those bloop hits

He wasn't even close to the bag.

Still have to love what we are seeing from this kid. This is a very tough lineup that is red hot right now. He got a tough break on the no call at second base and d'Aza should have had the pop up by Martin. He was positioned wrong and he didn't come hard for that ball. If he slides, he gets that ball. The kid should have been in the dugout with only 2 runs.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Still have to love what we are seeing from this kid. This is a very tough lineup that is red hot right now. He got a tough break on the no call at second base and d'Aza should have had the pop up by Martin. He was positioned wrong and he didn't come hard for that ball. If he slides, he gets that ball. The kid should have been in the dugout with only 2 runs.
    With a JBJ OF, the bloops don't even drop. It's like our OF have zero instincts and judgement this year.

Also, the more I see Swihart behind the plate the more I like him. He is not flashy, but very fundamentally sound, quick feet and a good accurate arm. There are bright spots.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

That being said, if we get swept by two division rivals in a row, Farrell has to get fired. He wimped like a wuss on the no call at second base. Remy and the rest of us thought he was going to get himself tossed, but he put his tail between his legs and slinked back to the dugout.