Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What did I just watch?

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    I think the weirdest movie I've ever watched is House (1977) - a Japanese movie that...well, I had no idea what to make of it.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

As mentioned previously, Mulholland Drive was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. Thanks for doing that to my mind, David! Of course I watched it again, so I guess I can't really blame it all on him LOL

Another super-weird film is Brazil, directed by Terry Gilliam and starring Jonathan Pryce.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

other names i have posted under: none

Deity
    David Lynch’s “Eraserhead” was easily the most bizarre movie I’ve ever seen...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    David Lynch’s “Eraserhead” was easily the most bizarre movie I’ve ever seen...
    Lynch's name tends to pop up a lot in this type of discussion.

Deity
    Another from the “so fucking stupid it’s great” has to be 1957’s From Hell It Came, a movie that begs to answer the question “what the? No? How did this?” (Face palm)

For those of you unfamiliar, the premise is a tree stump becomes possessed and lumbers around a South Pacific Island killing people, as tree stumps are prone to do. It features dazzling special effects, such as a rubber latex costume so bulky, the actor inside chased down his prey with only slightly more speed than the unpossessed tree stumps. Also lots of scenes with scantily clad women screaming as the stump lumbered ever closer at glacial speeds, and screaming with such tenacity you will find yourself yelling at them “ Run!! Run away!! Or walk! It’s a tree stump! Maybe even stroll! Seriously, a casual saunter will suffice here!!”

And yes, clips are available on YouTube...

I think the weirdest movie I've ever seen is Rubber. I saw it for the first time in HS while drunk, and thought It wasn't actually a thing and I was so drunk I imagined it, I stumbled upon it this week again somehow

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1612774/
    I cant believe this movie was made

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I think the weirdest movie I've ever seen is Rubber. I saw it for the first time in HS while drunk, and thought It wasn't actually a thing and I was so drunk I imagined it, I stumbled upon it this week again somehow

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1612774/
    I cant believe this movie was made

"A homicidal car tire, discovering it has destructive psionic power, sets its sights on a desert town once a mysterious woman becomes its obsession."

Oh my god I want to see this movie so badly now.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

I don't want to say I recommend it, but if you are looking for something unique and weird, I can't think of a better recommendation. I saw it almost 10 years ago, and it still somehow stuck in my mind as being the most absurd film I've ever seen.

Edit: Also the plot sounds even better if you Google it
    https://www.google.com/search?client...b-1-d&q=rubber

"A car tire comes to life with the power to make people explode and goes on a murderous rampage through the Californian desert."

I don't want to say I recommend it, but if you are looking for something unique and weird, I can't think of a better recommendation. I saw it almost 10 years ago, and it still somehow stuck in my mind as being the most absurd film I've ever seen.

"A car tire comes to life with the power to make people explode and goes on a murderous rampage through the Californian desert."
    More absurd than Attack of the Killer Tomatoes?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    More absurd than Attack of the Killer Tomatoes?
    Too many to choose from. We're talking about the industry that made 6 Sharknado movies.

It makes people explode? That's a little disappointing, I had hoped it just bounced around crushing/running over people. Making people explode makes it slightly less ridiculous as a method of killing.

I remember a movie about a murderous elevator. That had to be one of the worst. It's inside a building. It can't chase you. Just...don't go into it. You can literally stand in the hallway and mock it. It's like being strangled by a guy with no arms or legs. If you couldn't avoid it, you deserved it.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post

I remember a movie about a murderous elevator. That had to be one of the worst. It's inside a building. It can't chase you. Just...don't go into it. You can literally stand in the hallway and mock it. It's like being strangled by a guy with no arms or legs. If you couldn't avoid it, you deserved it.
    Are you talking about De Lift, the pretty good Dutch movie, or its inferior American remake, Down (aka The Shaft)?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

I honestly don't remember. My fiancee was into ridiculous/cheesy/campy horror movies and forced me to watch it, I couldn't believe anyone agreed to be in it for any amount of money. Even a struggling actor should have some dignity. Just do an ED drug commercial like a normal person, geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I honestly don't remember. My fiancee was into ridiculous/cheesy/campy horror movies and forced me to watch it, I couldn't believe anyone agreed to be in it for any amount of money. Even a struggling actor should have some dignity. Just do an ED drug commercial like a normal person, geez.
    Yet, even the American remake is better than so many films I've suffered through.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win