Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: What did I just watch?

  1. #16
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,102
    I think the weirdest movie I've ever watched is House (1977) - a Japanese movie that...well, I had no idea what to make of it.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  2. #17
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    32,000
    As mentioned previously, Mulholland Drive was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. Thanks for doing that to my mind, David! Of course I watched it again, so I guess I can't really blame it all on him LOL

    Another super-weird film is Brazil, directed by Terry Gilliam and starring Jonathan Pryce.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

  3. #18
    Deity Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12,200
    other names i have posted under: none

  4. #19
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    24,657
    David Lynch’s “Eraserhead” was easily the most bizarre movie I’ve ever seen...

  5. #20
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    32,000
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    David Lynch’s “Eraserhead” was easily the most bizarre movie I’ve ever seen...
    Lynch's name tends to pop up a lot in this type of discussion.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

  6. #21
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    24,657
    Another from the “so fucking stupid it’s great” has to be 1957’s From Hell It Came, a movie that begs to answer the question “what the? No? How did this?” (Face palm)

    For those of you unfamiliar, the premise is a tree stump becomes possessed and lumbers around a South Pacific Island killing people, as tree stumps are prone to do. It features dazzling special effects, such as a rubber latex costume so bulky, the actor inside chased down his prey with only slightly more speed than the unpossessed tree stumps. Also lots of scenes with scantily clad women screaming as the stump lumbered ever closer at glacial speeds, and screaming with such tenacity you will find yourself yelling at them “ Run!! Run away!! Or walk! It’s a tree stump! Maybe even stroll! Seriously, a casual saunter will suffice here!!”


    And yes, clips are available on YouTube...

  7. #22
    Super Moderator Jasonbay44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    16,844
    I think the weirdest movie I've ever seen is Rubber. I saw it for the first time in HS while drunk, and thought It wasn't actually a thing and I was so drunk I imagined it, I stumbled upon it this week again somehow

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1612774/
    I cant believe this movie was made

  8. #23
    Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    19,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I think the weirdest movie I've ever seen is Rubber. I saw it for the first time in HS while drunk, and thought It wasn't actually a thing and I was so drunk I imagined it, I stumbled upon it this week again somehow

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1612774/
    I cant believe this movie was made

    "A homicidal car tire, discovering it has destructive psionic power, sets its sights on a desert town once a mysterious woman becomes its obsession."


    Oh my god I want to see this movie so badly now.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

  9. #24
    Super Moderator Jasonbay44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    16,844
    I don't want to say I recommend it, but if you are looking for something unique and weird, I can't think of a better recommendation. I saw it almost 10 years ago, and it still somehow stuck in my mind as being the most absurd film I've ever seen.

    Edit: Also the plot sounds even better if you Google it
    https://www.google.com/search?client...b-1-d&q=rubber

    "A car tire comes to life with the power to make people explode and goes on a murderous rampage through the Californian desert."

  10. #25
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I don't want to say I recommend it, but if you are looking for something unique and weird, I can't think of a better recommendation. I saw it almost 10 years ago, and it still somehow stuck in my mind as being the most absurd film I've ever seen.

    Edit: Also the plot sounds even better if you Google it
    https://www.google.com/search?client...b-1-d&q=rubber

    "A car tire comes to life with the power to make people explode and goes on a murderous rampage through the Californian desert."
    More absurd than Attack of the Killer Tomatoes?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  11. #26
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    32,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    More absurd than Attack of the Killer Tomatoes?
    Too many to choose from. We're talking about the industry that made 6 Sharknado movies.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

  12. #27
    Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    19,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I don't want to say I recommend it, but if you are looking for something unique and weird, I can't think of a better recommendation. I saw it almost 10 years ago, and it still somehow stuck in my mind as being the most absurd film I've ever seen.

    Edit: Also the plot sounds even better if you Google it
    https://www.google.com/search?client...b-1-d&q=rubber

    "A car tire comes to life with the power to make people explode and goes on a murderous rampage through the Californian desert."
    It makes people explode? That's a little disappointing, I had hoped it just bounced around crushing/running over people. Making people explode makes it slightly less ridiculous as a method of killing.

    I remember a movie about a murderous elevator. That had to be one of the worst. It's inside a building. It can't chase you. Just...don't go into it. You can literally stand in the hallway and mock it. It's like being strangled by a guy with no arms or legs. If you couldn't avoid it, you deserved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

  13. #28
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post

    I remember a movie about a murderous elevator. That had to be one of the worst. It's inside a building. It can't chase you. Just...don't go into it. You can literally stand in the hallway and mock it. It's like being strangled by a guy with no arms or legs. If you couldn't avoid it, you deserved it.
    Are you talking about De Lift, the pretty good Dutch movie, or its inferior American remake, Down (aka The Shaft)?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  14. #29
    Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    19,286
    I honestly don't remember. My fiancee was into ridiculous/cheesy/campy horror movies and forced me to watch it, I couldn't believe anyone agreed to be in it for any amount of money. Even a struggling actor should have some dignity. Just do an ED drug commercial like a normal person, geez.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

  15. #30
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I honestly don't remember. My fiancee was into ridiculous/cheesy/campy horror movies and forced me to watch it, I couldn't believe anyone agreed to be in it for any amount of money. Even a struggling actor should have some dignity. Just do an ED drug commercial like a normal person, geez.
    Yet, even the American remake is better than so many films I've suffered through.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •