Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek vs Star Wars

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    I don't believe for a second that you have watched enough of every Star Trek series for that opinion to be of value. Watch DS9, all of it, or at least seasons 4-7, and then say with a straight face that it sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I don't believe for a second that you have watched enough of every Star Trek series for that opinion to be of value. Watch DS9, all of it, or at least seasons 4-7, and then say with a straight face that it sucks.
    You know what? I'm on vacation until the middle of January. I will take you up on that. If I hate it, unarmed combat it is. Deal?
    We miss you Mike.

Deal. There are a couple stand-alone episodes that don't contribute to the overall plot throughout the series, and a couple that are individually bad. If you want, I can make a list of what to watch so you can skip some without being confused as to what is going on, and not have to watch all 170 episodes.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

I'd actually welcome that. Between the time sink that is Witcher 3, and all the shit I have going on as soon a 2016 hits, that would help me make some headway. Do get a head start on your boxing and MMA please.
    We miss you Mike.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Star Trek's original series has its charm, but also its gay subtext ("Get us off, Spock!") and fair share of execrable dialogue.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Wow, I am amazed that they are still making stamps.

On that same note, I was watching a standup comic last night and he was asking why the fuck they are still cranking out those giant paper phone books by the shitload.

Yeah, they've got uniforms and everything.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    On that same note, I was watching a standup comic last night and he was asking why the fuck they are still cranking out those giant paper phone books by the shitload.
    It's the paper cartels, man. They control everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    They deliver one of those phone books to my house every year. It goes straight from the driveway to the recycling bin. I feel guilty about it, but seriously, I'm never going to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    They deliver one of those phone books to my house every year. It goes straight from the driveway to the recycling bin. I feel guilty about it, but seriously, I'm never going to use it.
    Can't you opt out somewhere?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Can't you opt out somewhere?
    That's a possibiity. I'll have to look into it.

Not the biggest fan of either of them but if I had to choose would be Star Trek for sure. I at least didn't mind the show. Never could get into Star Wars for some reason.