Register now to remove this ad

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: 2016 Prospects Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    AAA Moncada
    AA Devers
    A+ Dalbech

Pretty impressive depth at 3B....too bad we don't have one in the majors...
    Isn't Devers being moved off 3b next year?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Isn't Devers being moved off 3b next year?
    I'm little confused as to what the Sox will do. My initial thought was when Moncada moves up, then Devers will also get a call up to AAA, thus replacing Moncada.
    I've read that Devers does not have to take backseat to Moncada defensively at 3B. His arm is just as strong and he may have better feet than Moncada.

That said, many are projecting him to replace Hanley at 1B.

I thought they were late pulling the trigger in moving Moncada to 3B. I have not read anything about Devers moving to 1B in a near future. Not from the club anyway.

Deity
    Kopech starting the season in Portland is good news for us folk up here. Better news is that there seems to be no indication that he will be anything but a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm little confused as to what the Sox will do. My initial thought was when Moncada moves up, then Devers will also get a call up to AAA, thus replacing Moncada.
    I've read that Devers does not have to take backseat to Moncada defensively at 3B. His arm is just as strong and he may have better feet than Moncada.

That said, many are projecting him to replace Hanley at 1B.

I thought they were late pulling the trigger in moving Moncada to 3B. I have not read anything about Devers moving to 1B in a near future. Not from the club anyway.
    I suggested maybe trying Moncada at 1B, if he is too slow developing his 3B skills, but I almost got my head taken off.

Legend
    A few names for the 2017 Draft, that Perfect Game likes, that Sox could Draft.
    RHP Griffin Canning UCLA
    Kelton Hiura 2b/OF UC Irvine
    Evan White 1B/OF Kentucky like this kid, one of the better pure hitters in this Draft.
    Alex Lange RHP La. State
    Heliot Ramos CF Leadership Christian Academy. Reading Theo really likes this kid, rising up most Draft boards.

Draft is June 12.

Some news from soxprospects.com...

http://news.soxprospects.com/2017/06...ses-again.html

Josh Ockimey was on base four times via two singles, a double, and a walk, and Michael Chavis added an RBI double. Austin Rei also added a double as part of his two-hit night as the usual suspects did the damage for Salem.

It was another rough start for Trey Ball, as he allowed six runs on nine hits, including four home runs, over 5 1/3 innings as he dropped to 1-5 on the season. Ball has now surrendered 20 earned runs over his last 20 2/3 innings as his ERA has ballooned to 5.77.

Bryan Mata turned in another impressive start as the 18-year-old allowed one run over six innings, walking two and striking out six. He now has 10 strikeouts over his nine innings of work, showing that he is not over-matched against the older competition.

Kyle Kendrick was lit up again, giving up seven runs on eight hits over 5 2/3 innings.

A game-tying grand slam in the top of the seventh from Bryce Brentz was the biggest hit of the night as the PawSox battled the Tides. Brentz is now 12 for his last 28 with eight walks and three home runs. After starting the year hitting .162 over his first 105 at-bats, Brentz has rebounded nicely to put up some impressive numbers over the last two weeks.

Listen to the podcast...

http://news.soxprospects.com/2017/05...-be-first.html

Legend
    The FanGraphs mock draft has the Red Sox taking University of Houston lefthander Seth Romero despite off-field issues:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/fangr...17-mock-draft/

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spor...f-11116406.php

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spor...f-11116406.php

One especially embarrassing incident occurred early in the season when Romero was captured in a photograph holding a bong while in full uniform.

MY MAN!!!!

Later that day, UH coach Todd Whitting announced that Romero, the Cougars' designated staff ace, had been removed indefinitely from the weekend rotation for violating the team's travel rules.

DON'T CARE...

But many close to the UH program believed Romero had turned a corner in preparation for this season. One scout who watched Romero during fall workouts called the hard-throwing lefthander a "model citizen, a model teammate."

FUNNY HOW THAT HAPPENS, BUT AT LEAST HE DIDN'T STEAL ANY LAPTOPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")