Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aroldis Chapman suspended 30 games, is a dirtbag

What about discharging the firearm?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Didn't the Sox just dump or get rid of Will Cordearo (SP )?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

What about discharging the firearm?
    He shot it 8 times in the garage. Which wasn't illegal. But it's obviously a big part of the reason for the 30 games. It's the only thing Chapman is admitting to. He says he doesn't own a gun anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    He shot it 8 times in the garage. Which wasn't illegal. But it's obviously a big part of the reason for the 30 games. It's the only thing Chapman is admitting to. He says he doesn't own a gun anymore.
    Intentionally discharging a firearm on one's premises isn't illegal? I find that hard to believe.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Intentionally discharging a firearm on one's premises isn't illegal? I find that hard to believe.
    It was a registered firearm and he wasn't shooting at anyone so it wasn't illegal.

Deity
    New York athletes and firearms. What's it all about? Looking at another Plaxico Burress. Keep him away from public places.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Didn't the Sox just dump or get rid of Will Cordearo (SP )?
    Released the same offseason the accusations were made. This was after Wil Cordero hit .218/18/72 in the regular season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It was a registered firearm and he wasn't shooting at anyone so it wasn't illegal.
    Registered or not. I am pretty sure that willingly discharging a firearm within a certain distance from residences is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Released the same offseason the accusations were made. This was after Wil Cordero hit .218/18/72 in the regular season.
    Thanks.

I remember mumblings about that creep.

I also remember Myra Craft saying no to a Pat's draftee named Any Katzenberger or something. One of the top rated linebackers I believe. Drafted by the Pats and cut because of a college pantie raid that went bad or something.

Once the press got a hold of something it was over for any athlete in this town. Long before social media was so prevalent.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    No NFL team wants anything to do with Ray Rice now though, his career is over.
    You can bet that if he were young enough at least one team would take a shot at him. Like The Cowboys.

The combination of age and a highly visible crime was too much for teams to get past.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Thanks.

I remember mumblings about that creep.

I also remember Myra Craft saying no to a Pat's draftee named Any Katzenberger or something. One of the top rated linebackers I believe. Drafted by the Pats and cut because of a college pantie raid that went bad or something.

Once the press got a hold of something it was over for any athlete in this town. Long before social media was so prevalent.
    Katzenmoyer spent two years on Pats roster and retired due to injury, not due to a panty raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Didn't stop the sox from signing Julio Lugo. Everyone is a sanctimonious asshole until a talented yet checkered player is on their team.

Registered or not. I am pretty sure that willingly discharging a firearm within a certain distance from residences is illegal.
    It must not be illegal because Chapman admitted to doing this, yet he wasn't charged with any crime.

Discharging the firearm does seem to be a big reason why he received a 30 day suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Katzenmoyer spent two years on Pats roster and retired due to injury, not due to a panty raid.
    He did???? Wow. I must have been in a coma or I am thinking of someone else.

Did Myra Kraft say unkind words about him?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Didn't stop the sox from signing Julio Lugo. Everyone is a sanctimonious asshole until a talented yet checkered player is on their team.
    Funny you say that:

1) Lugo got acquitted of all charges in 2003, a full four years before the Sox signed him. Unlike Chapman and Brett Myers, there was no concrete evidence against him, since in Texas you can and will be prosecuted on hearsay for charges of domestic violence. His ex-wife said (and it was proven) that she told the prosecution from the get-go, that she had willingly and specifically provoked him on more than one occasion because he was threatening her with divorce, but that he never actually hit her. Now, this is in no way, shape or form a defense of Lugo if he did hit his wife, in which case I hope he gets sent to jail and becomes Bubba's wife, but three simple points: A) No tangible evidence. B ) No repeat offenses. C) Signed several years later as his conduct sheet came out clean, instead of knowingly trying to use his checkered past to obtain him at a discount rate via trade, a la Yankees with Chapman.

2) The Red Sox (Wil Cordero), along with the Astros in the Lugo case, are the only teams to proactively punish a wife beater. The Yankees did not do it with Knoblauch, the Twins did not do it with Puckett, the Rockies did not do it with Bichette, and no team did it with Milton Bradley. You're barking up the wrong tree here.

Seriously, stick to doctoring.
    We miss you Mike.