Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Yankees Season thread

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Tex looks to be out for the year.
    It's incredible the health issues that guy has had.

As a team, Yanks are dead last in baseball in % of balls hit hard, worse than the Phillies and Braves who don't use a DH. They just aren't hitting. Team looks old and overmatched offensively. Puts a lot of pressure on their pitchers, too and we've seen a lot of the younger pitchers struggle for a variety of reasons, and pressure to not give up runs might be a contributing factor. Baseball is a competitive and demanding sport. For old guys dealing with 160+ games almost every day wears on them. 2 months in and it looks like a losing season. Every team needs to rebuild. Question for yankees is how fast they can do it. We'll see.

He's old - lot of wear. might never see him play for the yanks again. Yanks looking at Refsnyder - they're already in rebuilding mode and don't acknowledge it.

One of the rare times I'm rooting for the Yankees to win. Just see the Orioles as a way bigger threat this year, and this is an opportunity for the Sox to pick up a game on the Orioles. Yanks up 2-0 and still threatening.

That hr he missed and they are reviewing won't count as part of balls hit hard. But you needed to extend the foul pole to measure that one.
    Arod is hitting like CC is pitching - both need to be smart because they've both lost something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    One of the rare times I'm rooting for the Yankees to win. Just see the Orioles as a way bigger threat this year, and this is an opportunity for the Sox to pick up a game on the Orioles. Yanks up 2-0 and still threatening.
    Right now, the O's are a bigger threat. Yanks still aren't an automatic win, however. I can still see them finishing the year at .500
    Last edited by yankonyankee; 06-04-2016 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yankonyankee View Post
    Right now, the O's are a bigger threat. Yanks still aren't an automatic win, however. I can still see them finishing the year at .500
    I don't count the Yankees out till they are officially eliminated.

Also, the Orioles starting pitching is horrific

I don't count them out either. But I don't expect them to make the playoffs even if they aren't mathematically eliminated yet. I think there are sufficient reasons to make this a reasonable expectation. But you never know. Yanks will have to get younger. Father time catches up with everyone. I don't expect Arod to hit 40 hrs anymore. They need some power in that lineup.

As for starting rotations, Yanks could have as good a one as anyone else in the division by year's end. The division is still open. Yanks aren't great, but they are still entertaining, at least for me. For this year at least, if the Yanks were to buy ( and I think a lot of people are already asking/speculating on what they might sell), they could seek to upgrade a bat or let the young guys struggle to develop or sign a pitcher and opt to try to outpitch teams. I don't think the Yanks will be able to outslug the 3 teams ahead of them. Instead, with their pen so strong, they could continue with one of their goals/hopes at the start of the season, which was outpitch and win some close games. But their pitchers have to be very good. Sox, O's and Rays have some fearsome hitters. It's still too early to sell anyway. I'd say another 3 or 4 weeks will decide.

Sox on the other hand, have a lot of young exciting players who have shown greatness in their short time up. They shore up that pitching a bit, and Sox fans will be very excited. They'll probably have to give up some talent to do it via trade, but they are flush with positional players stock in the minors. Have a good season, everyone.
    Last edited by yankonyankee; 06-04-2016 at 07:51 PM.

This Yankee team seems like a prime candidate to pull in a wealth of prospects. Chapman, Nova, Beltran, Sabathia all are all on the last years of their contracts and Miller certainly is a juicy trade chip.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Tex looks to be out for the year.
    This will likely end up being a blessing in disguise for the Yanks. Teixeira was playing below replacement level, with a -0.9 WAR. It won't be that difficult to find an "improvement".

The season ending injury to your 1B prospect, whose name escapes me, is really hurting right now.

I can't root for the Yankees to win. I just can't. I don't like the Os much either, but I am pulling for them in this series. That said, having the Yanks win last night was not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I can't root for the Yankees to win. I just can't. I don't like the Os much either, but I am pulling for them in this series. That said, having the Yanks win last night was not a bad thing.
    Neither can I.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I don't count the Yankees out till they are officially eliminated.

Also, the Orioles starting pitching is horrific
    Which makes it about the same as ours.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Neither can I.
    Same here. I can be happy that the Orioles lost, but that's not the same thing as being happy the Yankees won, and I certainly can't actively root for them during the game. I wonder though, if it came down to it, if I could. For example, if the Sox had played all of their games and were waiting for the result of one last game to determine whether they made the postseason or not, and that game was Yankees-Orioles or Yankees-Tigers or whatever. Could I root for the Yankees during the game if a Yankees win meant the Sox made the postseason, and a Yankees loss meant the Sox went home? Hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.