Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/05 - Red Sox @ Cleveland

04/05 - Red Sox @ Cleveland

I've been asked to start the first regular season game thread in honor of our deceased friend Mike Grace.

I wish that I could say something profound. Obviously I miss him very much. We all do.

Whether you believe in the afterlife or not, I am confided that if such a realm exists, Mike is up there wearing a Sox tee shirt and cap, brimming with optimism and hope for our team as the new season starts.

I pity any Yankee fans in Heaven. They will get no rest!!!!

Here's to a genuinely wonderful person and possibly the most chill dude I have met.

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Conditions in Cleveland are ideal!

1918077_815005105311067_224407354710268103_n.jpg
    Last edited by Spudboy; 04-03-2016 at 03:01 PM.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Nice gesture and nice pic of (I'm assuming) you and Mike.

I'm sure that Mike is smiling down at you and all of his Sox buddies here.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Go Sox!

Let's go Red Sox!!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

162-0 bay-bay!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    162-0 bay-bay!!!
    The dream is alive
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Well, our man Dave is not at the Women's Final Four, so he just may be 100% committed to NESN, at least for Opening Day.

Oh, and it'll be 33 with wind and snow flurries tomorrow in the Mistake by the Lake.
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I've been asked to start the first regular season game thread in honor of our deceased friend Mike Grace.

I wish that I could say something profound. Obviously I miss him very much. We all do.

Whether you believe in the afterlife or not, I am confided that if such a realm exists, Mike is up there wearing a Sox tee shirt and cap, brimming with optimism and hope for our team as the new season starts.

Here's to a genuinely wonderful person and possibly the most chill dude I have met.

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This makes me happy!!!!!
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ha! As if there are any Yankees fans in heaven.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Opening day, wooooooo

*Prediction:

Red Sox win 4-1

Price: 7 IP, 1 ER, 4 hits, 1 BB, 9 K's.

Mookie and JBJ both homer.
    "Knicks suck, Jets suck, Yankees suck"

-Peter Griffin, talking to a New Yorker

Major Leaguer
    I'm glad baseball is back but today does not seem like opening day. Cleveland is currently darker than the future of the Browns. I mean we just had snow Saturday night.

I mostly hope the Indians do well, but they're playing the Sox today. Sox win 3-1.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407
    some of cant drink and some wont. i cant drink and wont usually designated driver. plus if you are in the FBI you cant drink period.
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter
    I withdraw my challenge to all of our members who work for the FBI.

Quote Originally Posted by kreinbihl34 View Post
    I'm glad baseball is back but today does not seem like opening day. Cleveland is currently darker than the future of the Browns. I mean we just had snow Saturday night.

I mostly hope the Indians do well, but they're playing the Sox today. Sox win 3-1.
    The first 2 weeks of the season should be spent either in domed stadiums or in the warmer climate cities.

The first 2 weeks of the season should be spent either in domed stadiums or in the warmer climate cities.
    What baffles me is that three new stadiums have been built without retractable domes -- CitiField, Yankee Stadium and the Twins ballpark.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

What baffles me is that three new stadiums have been built without retractable domes -- CitiField, Yankee Stadium and the Twins ballpark.
    I'm sure the weather in Minnesota is lovely the first week of April and the last few weeks in October!

With the NYC parks, you need to remember that they were really trying to save money on the construction to make sure that building a new ballpark wouldn't lead to higher priced tickets and luxury seats that people wouldn't be able to afford to sit it. I'd say it was a resounding success on both parts. I mean, there are certainly no issues in the surrounding neighborhood of Queens and an afternoon watching ball in the Bronx is a great frugal option for locals.

I'm sure the weather in Minnesota is lovely the first week of April and the last few weeks in October!

With the NYC parks, you need to remember that they were really trying to save money on the construction to make sure that building a new ballpark wouldn't lead to higher priced tickets and luxury seats that people wouldn't be able to afford to sit it. I'd say it was a resounding success on both parts. I mean, there are certainly no issues in the surrounding neighborhood of Queens and an afternoon watching ball in the Bronx is a great frugal option for locals.
    I just love this. Of course I am one of those rare people who does not like NYC.