Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BDC Ellis Island: Give Us Your Tired, Your Poor, Your Huddled Masses...

BDC Ellis Island: Give Us Your Tired, Your Poor, Your Huddled Masses...

Some may be aware, The BDC Forum at the Globe site is shutting down in 1 month. It has been a great community for YEARS and I know some of you were and are members there. A lot of us are left without a place to post. Some of the most knowledgeable Sox fans I have ever met are on that board and I think they could add to the already great conversations that happen here. To the site mod....please accept their 'application' when they apply as you may start seeing a lot of people showing up. To the other members here....please accept them with open arms. I am hoping that once they join they post on this thread so we can see who 'showed up'.

Thanks!

All are welcome! Except for those who have previously been banned, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I came here after the herald closed theirs. Welcome

bienvenue, mes amis!
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingface View Post
    Some may be aware, The BDC Forum at the Globe site is shutting down in 1 month. It has been a great community for YEARS and I know some of you were and are members there. A lot of us are left without a place to post. Some of the most knowledgeable Sox fans I have ever met are on that board and I think they could add to the already great conversations that happen here. To the site mod....please accept their 'application' when they apply as you may start seeing a lot of people showing up. To the other members here....please accept them with open arms. I am hoping that once they join they post on this thread so we can see who 'showed up'.

Thanks!
    Hey Kingface...this is Hfxsoxnut from that board. This place will be quite something if we get a big inflow from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Hey Kingface...this is Hfxsoxnut from that board. This place will be quite something if we get a big inflow from there.
    Hey Nut!! Good to see you here! Yes.......really hope a bunch come over from there. I knew many thought about starting a new forum. Starting a new forum is good and all, but this place already has a strong membership and one of the complaints there was that it was getting to be too small. Why not join where there already are some great posters?

Welcome to all the new posters. Now fetch me a beer Noob.

Members of that forum are of course welcome here. My request would be to please play nice with the existing and long established community here. It's been a challenge integrating other boards in the past so hopefully this one goes smoother if people do choose to come over to Talksox.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingface View Post

Thanks!
    Hi King. It stinks that the Globe is shutting down its forums. That said, there are a lot of good posters there whom I have missed and would love to be able to post with again. I've noticed a lot of familiar names popping up at the bottom of the main page.

I haven't been here that long myself, a little over a year. I have to say that all of the members here were very welcoming when I joined and they made me feel right at home. They are an awesome and knowledgeable group.

And to the long time posters and mods (who are awesome), I can also vouch for the BDC members who are looking for a new home. They are a good group and knowledgeable too.

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    All are welcome! Except for those who have previously been banned, apparently.
    Actually, only one. But it would be unfair to single out that one.

Welcome all! We should get a new thread going with some basic rules, like GT rules and regulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Hey PINSTRIPEZAC!

Your favorite Red Sox fan is here!

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir View Post
    Members of that forum are of course welcome here. My request would be to please play nice with the existing and long established community here. It's been a challenge integrating other boards in the past so hopefully this one goes smoother if people do choose to come over to Talksox.
    No worries. It's not like 'The Walking Dead'.........we'll play nice!

I think you'll find that there are a lot of great posters there that simply want to talk Sox, have good natured yet spirited debates and just hang out to get away from 'life'.

Hugh here, reporting for duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Hi King. It stinks that the Globe is shutting down its forums. That said, there are a lot of good posters there whom I have missed and would love to be able to post with again. I've noticed a lot of familiar names popping up at the bottom of the main page.

I haven't been here that long myself, a little over a year. I have to say that all of the members here were very welcoming when I joined and they made me feel right at home. They are an awesome and knowledgeable group.

And to the long time posters and mods (who are awesome), I can also vouch for the BDC members who are looking for a new home. They are a good group and knowledgeable too.

Welcome!
    Thanks for the welcome Kimmi and the vote of confidence. You were missed over there......although I understand why you left. This seems like a great place and I'm looking forward to contributing here. There's already 4 that I know of who are awaiting approval. Hopefully it happens soon.....that place is going south fast.