Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BDC Ellis Island: Give Us Your Tired, Your Poor, Your Huddled Masses...

Hola from dbeach48
    New here
    Go RS

Welcome to all.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    Hugh here, reporting for duty.
    BOOM!!!!!!!!!!! Good to see you Hugh!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dbeach48 View Post
    Hola from dbeach48
    New here
    Go RS
    Hey dbeach48. Are you from the BDC? If so, what was your handle? That will help us new people know who 'came over'.

I'm new here. I was on the Globe site after moving from Maine to Mexico City in 2004. I needed my Sox fix. I've lived in Sugar Land, Texas for the last 9 years and still need my daily "fix", so here I am. I look forward to some deep Sox discussions. I'm a poster who likes to support my opinions with facts and data, so bear with me, if numbers are not your thing. I will say, I'm not all about data. I played the wonderful game of baseball for over 2 decades before switching to softball as I aged. I realize winning baseball is often related to intangibles that no data can reveal.
    I'm a huge Sox fan. I used to live in Milwaukee and became a big Tommy Harper fan. My family moved to Maine when I was 12 years old. Soon afterwards Tommy Harper was traded to the Red Sox, and I switched to being a Sox fan. It hasn't been easy. Decades of frustration were followed by the extreme joy of 2004 and the championships that followed, however I moved to Mexico City in late 2004. I quickly found myself missing the water cooler Sox talk, so I joined the Boston Globe Sox Forum. Four years later, my wife, daughter and I moved to Sugar Land, Texas. After over 50,000 posts on that site, I was saddened to hear they were shutting down. So, here I am. I'm looking forward to some spirited debates and more championships to celebrate together.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'm new here. I was on the Globe site after moving from Maine to Mexico City in 2004. I needed my Sox fix. I've lived in Sugar Land, Texas for the last 9 years and still need my daily "fix", so here I am. I look forward to some deep Sox discussions. I'm a poster who likes to support my opinions with facts and data, so bear with me, if numbers are not your thing. I will say, I'm not all about data. I played the wonderful game of baseball for over 2 decades before switching to softball as I aged. I realize winning baseball is often related to intangibles that no data can reveal.
    I'm a huge Sox fan. I used to live in Milwaukee and became a big Tommy Harper fan. My family moved to Maine when I was 12 years old. Soon afterwards Tommy Harper was traded to the Red Sox, and I switched to being a Sox fan. It hasn't been easy. Decades of frustration were followed by the extreme joy of 2004 and the championships that followed, however I moved to Mexico City in late 2004. I quickly found myself missing the water cooler Sox talk, so I joined the Boston Globe Sox Forum. Four years later, my wife, daughter and I moved to Sugar Land, Texas. After over 50,000 posts on that site, I was saddened to hear they were shutting down. So, here I am. I'm looking forward to some spirited debates and more championships to celebrate together.
    Wanna bury the hatchet?

Hugh
    Yes I on Boston.com for many yrs
    Love All Boston sports including BC BU UMASS

Gracias to all.

You are from the same era as a number of others on this board including me. Also, 50,000 + posts is impressive. That takes some commitment.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

So is this the lunch table where all the transfer students will hang out until we inevitably branch out and make new friends?

Nice to see some familiar faces in here.

You are from the same era as a number of others on this board including me. Also, 50,000 + posts is impressive. That takes some commitment.
    New king?
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    So is this the lunch table where all the transfer students will hang out until we inevitably branch out and make new friends?

Nice to see some familiar faces in here.
    LOL! I hope not. I also hope that we have some night owls in this new crew as I am often here posting until 2 in the morning and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    New king?
    No transfer credits accepted.

Edit: I will have to be mindful of maintaining my lead. LOL!

scrolling this forum I can see it's very similar to BDC. You have your old timers, your not so old timers, your stat guys, your non stat guys, the argumentative types, the clueless, the smarties, a few Yankee trolls, some prospect loving folk, some pessimists, and some optimists.

I think we are going to fit in just fine here.

Just try not to make blanket statements about my views that are blatantly lacking veracity, and I'm willing to try again.