This thread is meant mainly for our new members from the former BDC boards. You guys are great, and you've brought a lot of new blood into the Red Sox and general baseball discussions on this site, which can only be good.

This is not a warning of any kind, just a friendly suggestion from the guy whose job it is to keep the forum navigable and uncluttered. In the short time since you all arrived, you have created nearly as many threads as the rest of our members combined over the few months before you joined. We all appreciate your opinions and comments, just as much as we appreciate those of our longtime members. However, every passing thought or comment does not necessitate it's own new thread. If everyone created a thread for the same "topics" that have popped up over the last week or two, we would quickly end up with hundreds of active threads, many of which would only have a handful of posts before falling into disuse. Limiting the number of active threads has always allowed our members to keep track of, and participate in, any discussion or debate happening on TalkSox without too much trouble. We want everyone to be able to offer their own insights (even the Yankees fans, in the grandest tradition of Evelyn Hall).

So, going forward, just think about the thread you want to create. Is the opening topic likely to need a separate thread for involved discussion?

- Specific comments about in-game occurrences or performances can generally be posted in that day's Gamethread. They could also be posted in existing threads dedicated to discussion about specific players (the Travis Shaw thread, the Pablo Sandoval thread, the David Ortiz retirement thread, et cetera).

- Comments or insights about general happenings for the Red Sox or baseball in general can almost always be posted in the 2016 Red Sox Season discussion thread, or the Yankees Season discussion thread, or the General Baseball Gamethread. In fact, we could (and should, and will) start a 2016 Baseball Discussion Thread in the General Baseball forum, we usually have one and I'm surprised we don't at this point.

There are plenty of topics that absolutely deserve their own threads. A player getting busted for PEDs, major or minor trades as the season goes on, questions meant to spark an interesting conversation (i.e., "The Sox Player of the Month for April". That's an excellent idea by one of our new members, and I think it should be a regular thing at the end of the month going forward.)

Some of you may be posting multiple threads in order to involve yourself in the conversations between more established members. You have no need to worry around here. Make your observations, make your opinions known in any of our threads on any topic, people will respond to you. I promise none of our new members will be ignored.

Thank you for listening!

Your benevolent despot,

YOTN