Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you do Moncada for Urias trade?

Single A

Would you do Moncada for Urias trade?

Just for a discussion sake. I think this trade can make a lot of sense for both teams.

it's probably Hugh's fault but i feel like i dont ever want to trade moncada.....
    other names i have posted under: none

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Yes. Good pitchers are much harder to find than good infielders. While neither of them may end up being stars, I'd rather take the chance on a pitcher than a second baseman, there is far more depth available at 2B if you need it, through the farm or free agency. I don't think that trade would be likely to happen, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Single A
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    it's probably Hugh's fault but i feel like i dont ever want to trade moncada.....
    did he join this board yet? 2016 draft is coming up shortly!

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by seannybboi View Post
    He is here (username "A Red Sox Fan Named Hugh" I think?)...

And as for the proposed trade, I'd be strangely okay with it. We have other great hitting prospects, but no MLB-ready stud pitcher that can compare to Urias. No idea if that'd be realistic for the Dodgers, though.

Everybody here in Mexico say that this kid is the next Fernando Valenzuela.

Considering that we will have XB, Pedroia, Shaw for a while I'd do it.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Seanny boy nice to see you over here. Oddly enough I was contemplating starting a draft thread today.

I'm trying to look at this trade from LA's point of view. All things considered Urias and Moncada have very similar ceilings. They are both potential franchise players but on the other side of the diamond. However I've always held the view that all things equal teams tend to value their own guys more, still if LA desired hitting enough and the Sox desired pitching enough you could see this type of trade happening. A similar trade once happened between the Yankees and Mariners when NY sent over Montero for Pineada. However I also tend to go by the rule of "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush" Now Urias isn't proven yet, but he is two levels above Moncada dominating AAA ball right now so that does increase his value compared to Moncada. I would suspect that you'd have to give up a little bit more to get Urias. But Moncada could definitely headline that package in a universe where LA is interested in that type of deal; in this universe I have no ideal if they are.

Deity
    Just for a discussion sake. I think this trade can make a lot of sense for both teams.
    Yes - yesterday even

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Everybody here in Mexico say that this kid is the next Fernando Valenzuela.

Considering that we will have XB, Pedroia, Shaw for a while I'd do it.
    I know that the Dodgers brought him up. Is he considered to be a finished product?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I know that the Dodgers brought him up. Is he considered to be a finished product?
    Nope. He needs a year or probably two to be ready. Right now he is considered the 2nd best prospect in all baseball. He is only 19 years old.

IMO this kid is going to be the real deal, time will tell though.

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

The thing with Urias is that he has been dominating AAA and his development in minors has been very fast.

You guys lack high upside arms aside from Espinoza, and he's far away. Moncada is a 2b, SS, CF type who is taking the slow route, but will probably be big league ready mid season next yr. Urias is ready now. He would probably take more than Moncada to get.
    Hal sucks

I would do this deal yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I'd do it. In a heartbeat. We need pitching badly. Can't believe that we don't have anybody ready --- Owens is not the answer.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    You guys lack high upside arms aside from Espinoza, and he's far away. Moncada is a 2b, SS, CF type who is taking the slow route, but will probably be big league ready mid season next yr. Urias is ready now. He would probably take more than Moncada to get.
    Throw in Kelly and call it good.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.