Thread: Tom Brady suspension upheld

Oh.My.God Thunder.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Oh.My.God Thunder.
    Teen angst. Very hormonal at that age.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Anyone ever wonder the meaning of "Young, dumb, and full of cum"?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Disclaimer: I'm a Giants fan. That being said, I have two comments here.

1. I think Brady got railroaded for a pretty petty offense, assuming he made one

2. The courts acted appropriately. While the initial judge tried to play arbiter, the subsequent appeals actually practiced the law. The CBA gave absolute power to the commissioner. The next time the NFL goes to the bargaining table, they have to fix that, but it won't help Brady here
    Super fair post.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Anyone ever wonder the meaning of "Young, dumb, and full of cum"?
    I have used the expression. Is there an unexpected meaning? LOL!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

The differrnce between Jets and Browns fans: Browns fans can admit their team is horrible.

If the happiest day of your Jets fandom was a regular season win, it is an outright declaration that your team sucks.

I mean, the Pats blew donkey balls when I was young, but I could at least point to a win against the Dolphins in the playoffs to reach the superbowl or even the early rollercoaster Bledsoe years. And when my team was garbage, I could at least admit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I have never understood how someone can be a Red Sox fan and a Jets fan. OTOH, I don't think I've ever known anyone who was a Yankees fan and a Patriots fan.

And is this Brady stuff still going on? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I have never understood how someone can be a Red Sox fan and a Jets fan.
    Stuff like that is not really unusual, especially if you don't live in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Stuff like that is not really unusual, especially if you don't live in Boston.
    I suppose. It just strikes me as odd because I always think of NY as being the 'hated' teams. I could understand a Red Sox fan being a Seahawks fan, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I have never understood how someone can be a Red Sox fan and a Jets fan. OTOH, I don't think I've ever known anyone who was a Yankees fan and a Patriots fan.

And is this Brady stuff still going on? Really?
    Go to Rhode Island, there are a ton of Yankees/Patriots fans there. I think there are more Giants/Red Sox fans out there though.

My former landlord was a Yankees/Cowboys/Lakers fan. Now THAT is a truly terrible combo.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    My former landlord was a Yankees/Cowboys/Lakers fan. Now THAT is a truly terrible combo.
    Jack Nicholson is a Yankees/Lakers fan.

Legend
    It is hard to argue against the ruling - arbitration results have very very wide deference in these areas. That said - shame on the union for letting itself get screwed over constantly. I understand why - careers are short, and paychecks are paychecks. But then there shouldn't be any whining about how other sports get guaranteed deals - the reason they do is because the players ask for it.

I remember a while back Howard Bryant had a fascinating tweetstorm about the 1987 strike - and how much it basically destroyed the union's ability to be any sort of useful counter to management. I was 9 back then and most focused on complaining about the players on the field ... but you see the sort of all star team of players there crossing the picket line ... Joe Montana, Mark Gastineau, Tony Dorsett ... how can a players association hold together with that sort of star power telling them to f off. (yes I know Doug Flutie is also in the collective)

The NFL has the weakest union in professional sports. They signed a shitty contract, they need to live by it.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    That is the worst combination EVER. How is that even possible?