Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady suspension upheld

Tom Brady suspension upheld

Disclaimer: I'm a Giants fan. That being said, I have two comments here.

1. I think Brady got railroaded for a pretty petty offense, assuming he made one

2. The courts acted appropriately. While the initial judge tried to play arbiter, the subsequent appeals actually practiced the law. The CBA gave absolute power to the commissioner. The next time the NFL goes to the bargaining table, they have to fix that, but it won't help Brady here
    Hal sucks

I'm pleased with the ruling, even though it doesn't impact the Jets at all, since they don't play each other until late November.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Why haven't they suspended that cheater Andrew Luck? 75% of his footballs were underinflated too.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'm pleased with the ruling, even though it doesn't impact the Jets at all, since they don't play each other until late November.
    Ugh.

Does not impact the Jets at all?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Why haven't they suspended that cheater Andrew Luck? 75% of his footballs were underinflated too.
    The whole thing stinks. Witch hunt from the beginning. I am not a huge Tom Brady fan. But he got shit on here big time.

If I were him I would "retire" and immediately sign with a CFL team. That would be fun to see.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Ugh.

Does not impact the Jets at all?
    Hate to break the bad news. Miami and Buffalo are among the first 4 opponents though, making the AFC East much more wide open.

Hate to break the bad news. Miami and Buffalo are among the first 4 opponents though, making the AFC East much more wide open.
    Hate to break the bad news but the Pats will win the division again. Pats will go 2-2 under Jimmy G. Then with a pissed off Brady, they'll go 11 - 1 the rest of the way.

It helps to have a bottom feeder like the Jets in your division year in and year out. Looks like they don't even want a QB this year! Tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    The whole thing stinks. Witch hunt from the beginning. I am not a huge Tom Brady fan. But he got shit on here big time.

If I were him I would "retire" and immediately sign with a CFL team. That would be fun to see.
    It's dumb. I think if he handed the phone over that he wouldn't have been suspended as harshly. At the end of the day, I just don't want to hear about it any more.

You are not breaking any news to me Kiddo.

Just the opposite. I was implying that if the Pats lose as few as one single game during the suspension that it would effect the Jets.

So your "does not impact the Jets at all" claim is nonsense.

Go back to your Pokemon Go.

Hate to break the bad news but the Pats will win the division again. Pats will go 2-2 under Jimmy G. Then with a pissed off Brady, they'll go 11 - 1 the rest of the way.

It helps to have a bottom feeder like the Jets in your division year in and year out. Looks like they don't even want a QB this year! Tanking?
    Shut the fuck up

Jets and Red Sox fan? You like pain, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Jets and Red Sox fan? You like pain, don't you?
    He's a kid and the Sox already won a ring for him.

You guys are calling a 10-6 team trash. Stop it. You and everyone else. The day after the loss to the Bills to end the season, my history teacher comes up and starts laughing at me. He's a Ravens fan, and they came in last. What does he have to laugh about? What do you guys have to laugh about? Be gracious that you are fans of two of the most successful sports franchises of the last 15 years. Nobody likes a sore winner. I respect the hell out of the Patriots, but not their fans, for this reason. Pats fans act like a bunch of pussies every time they lose, like they've never seen a loss before. Guess what? It's a part of life. Deal with it. If it pleases you to associate the Jets, or any other team in any sport, with failure, as a laughingstock, or a detriment to the league, then keep those sentiments to yourself. People are fans of teams for a reason. My aunt and uncle in Ohio are lifelong Browns fans. Their passion is unlike anything I've ever seen. Everyone calls the Browns trash, but they aren't trash in the eyes of their best fans, they're heroes. When the Patriots dynasty finally falters, you'll see what I mean. I saw the Jets as heroes on December 26, 2015, the happiest day in my life. I watched them pull off the upset against the Pats from a hotel lobby in Colorado, surrounded by numerous New Yorkers (Jets fans), who were all going crazy. You Boston sports fans are spoiled. The reason everyone in the NFL hates the Patriots is because of their fans. Take a similar franchise, the Spurs. They've been on a run of dominance for a little longer than the Pats. Does everyone in the NBA hate them? No, because the team and their fans are classy as hell, modest, and respectful to all the other teams in the league.

That's a long-ass post that doesn't do anything to disprove the fact that the Jets are firmly on the fence between mediocre and fucking terrible. The fact that you came to a forum full of Pats fans to demonstrate your "satisfaction" with the ruling while not expecting the exact reaction you got means you still need some work in the common sense department.

In other words: You shut the fuck up.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    That's a long-ass post that doesn't do anything to disprove the fact that the Jets are firmly on the fence between mediocre and fucking terrible. The fact that you came to a forum full of Pats fans to demonstrate your "satisfaction" with the ruling while not expecting the exact reaction you got means you still need some work in the common sense department.

In other words: You shut the fuck up.
    Excuse me, but I came to a forum full of Red Sox fans, or at least that's what I thought I was coming to. When did this become a Patriots only forum?

And I wasn't expecting the reaction that I got, because I thought we were all civilized people that were mature enough to accept that people like different sports teams than us, and as a result, have different opinions than us. I only gave my reaction to the ruling as being satisfied because I for one was tired of hearing about Deflategate the minute the Super Bowl ended, because the result of that Super Bowl proved that nothing would have changed if the balls had been properly inflated in the AFC Championship.