Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticket Discussion: Sales, Trades, Giveaways, and Information

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I'm noticing that there are several of us here from Maine who post (including Moon when on vacation) and I'm wondering if there's any interest in some of of us meeting up for a Sea Dogs game this summer. I'm thinking it should be an afternoon game since many of us old guys don't like to drive after dark. LOL

And of course anyone from other states is welcome too. We don't discriminate up here in the great Northeast!

I'm willing to do the coordinating if there's enough interest. Get back to me if this sounds good.
    I'd would love to do this. I grew up in Portland, and once lived a two minute walk from the park.

But it's about 1500 miles away from me now, and I don't have any plans to visit any time soon.

You could send me an Italian Sandwich from Amatos though....
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    This is my second year as a season ticket holder. I have a weekday plan in the infield grandstand-- Section 11. I looked into the partnering last year and had no success. I am not sure how it works. I have done some ticket tosses. Last year, I had very little success with Red Sox Replay, but I have sold a few games already for the upcoming season. Send me a PM about the Partner thing and maybe we can help out each other.

BTW, hadn't you expressed an interest in the TalkSox Fantasy league. If so, let me know and I will send you an invitation.
    I'm thoroughly impressed with both you season ticket holders. That is true fandom. I will try to remember that when we disagree because all my game-watching occurs in my study. \

I also hope some of you guys can get together for a Seadogs game. I'm envious because I'm pretty sure I've never actually been to Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I'm thoroughly impressed with both you season ticket holders. That is true fandom. I will try to remember that when we disagree because all my game-watching occurs in my study. \

I also hope some of you guys can get together for a Seadogs game. I'm envious because I'm pretty sure I've never actually been to Maine.
    Thanks, but in fairness a700's commitment is much bigger than mine because mine are only Spring Training tickets (unless you count the commitment in getting to Ft. Myers!). If I lived closer to Boston I'd like very much to get a ticket package like a700's but living 250 miles from Fenway makes it... shall we say... problematic.

I like putting faces together with screen names so I'm going to try again next year to set up a TalkSox day @ Hadlock field to see the Sea Dogs. I've met Southpaw, and a700 & I got together at Ft. M last year and both were great experiences. As an aside, I also met Pumpsie Green and he's a great guy too in person.

Stay tuned for Spring Training ticket availability. I expect to have some extras this year too.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

ALDS tix go on sale at Noon TODAY.
    other names i have posted under: none

Tix purchased.
    Slasher in-game mojo for ALDS Home Game 1 at Fenway.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    Tix purchased.
    Slasher in-game mojo for ALDS Home Game 1 at Fenway.
    The only question is: Is your in-game mojo better than my blowjo?
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

For anyone who lives within a reasonable driving distance of Portland ME, the Sea Dogs have announced their plans for the 2018 Hot Stove night. It's going to be at the Sable Oaks (very nice place) on January 17 and their guest speaker will be Pedro Martinez.

Tickets are $80 and available at the Sea Dogs website.

I'll be there with my son. If anyone else is going maybe we can meet up there.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

delete

My ST tickets have been ordered and they're on their way to me. Right now it looks like I'm going to have one extra ticket available for most games and two tickets for the first three games (Northeastern/Boston College, Minnesota, Tampa Bay). If anyone is going to be in the Ft. Myers area and wants to get to a game, speak up. First $30/ticket gets them! That's face value.
    -Vin Scully

Any idea when they will have the Yankee tickets in August on sale? The wife and I are looking to go to a couple of games on and around her bday (Aug 6th). This will be the second time we have been to Boston and are really looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tibbs View Post
    Any idea when they will have the Yankee tickets in August on sale? The wife and I are looking to go to a couple of games on and around her bday (Aug 6th). This will be the second time we have been to Boston and are really looking forward to it!
    Looks like you can already buy some on StubHub. https://www.stubhub.com/boston-red-s...sort=price+asc
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I see that (and also Ace Tickets), but I was trying to purchase tickets from the Red Sox office for hopefully sticker price. Any idea how to get into the lottery or when they draw for it?

Just bought $9 student SRO tickets for Tuesday vs Yanks. I'm bringing a couple of friends along, and sadly, Red Sox fans will be outnumbered in our party.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

I have a couple of tickets for tomorrow night in Section 25 Row 8 for below face value. If you are interested, send me a PM.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

my first Red Sox game, need help

Hi all,

Hubby and I are planning on a driving trip to watch the Red Sox. We are hoping not to stay at hotels near Fenway Park because they are so expensive. I would appreciate it if someone could suggest a nice suburban area with hotels that is not too far from Boston, and that it is near commuter transportation that will take us to Fenway Park?

We are Cubs fans, have been to all but two baseball stadiums (Fenway and Globe Life Park). We can hardly wait to visit Fenway this year!

KC
    Last edited by pookie; 05-23-2018 at 11:14 PM.