Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 82

Thread: Ticket Discussion: Sales, Trades, Giveaways, and Information

  1. #61
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Springfield, VA
    Posts
    7,178
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Some of the RF grandstand seats don't face the infield, they face the outfield so you spend a lot of the game with your head turned. Just not very comfortable. My least favorite part of the ballpark.

    I know they fixed some of the seats, but I still believe there are some that haven't been corrected.
    Those RF grandstand seats are why I will never go back to Fenway. Worst sight lines in MLB.

  2. #62
    Resident Old Fart Spudboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    24,379
    Many years ago I used to sit in the RF grandstands by choice.
    I would pay $1.00 to enter the bleachers. Then after the 3rd inning, the gate would open and if you paid another $.75 you could pass into the grandstand and sit anywhere in the park that was unoccupied.

    The grandstands were generally not further that the bleachers from the action ( depending on how low you sat ) and most of them kept you out of the Sun and rain.

    As long as you were not stuck behind a pole the views were for the most part unobstructed.

    I loved it out there.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  3. #63
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Many years ago I used to sit in the RF grandstands by choice.
    I would pay $1.00 to enter the bleachers. Then after the 3rd inning, the gate would open and if you paid another $.75 you could pass into the grandstand and sit anywhere in the park that was unoccupied.

    The grandstands were generally not further that the bleachers from the action ( depending on how low you sat ) and most of them kept you out of the Sun and rain.

    As long as you were not stuck behind a pole the views were for the most part unobstructed.

    I loved it out there.
    If they were $1.75, I'd sit there too.

    They are always the cheapest seats left on Stub Hub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    <<< Most normal poster on Talksox

  4. #64
    Deity Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12,091
    anyone in the Mets area...McDonalds has BOGO ticket offers for citifield....
    i know they suck but: Baseball.
    other names i have posted under: none

  5. #65
    Resident Old Fart Spudboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    24,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    anyone in the Mets area...McDonalds has BOGO ticket offers for citifield....
    i know they suck but: Baseball.
    I would not mind going to a Mets game.

    Except I hate NYC and surrounding areas.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  6. #66
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    943
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    anyone in the Mets area...McDonalds has BOGO ticket offers for citifield....
    i know they suck but: Baseball.
    I'e gone to watch the Met's a few times since moving to NYC. Not to watch the Met's you understand...

  7. #67
    Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5,458
    I tried getting tix for one of the games here in atlanta this week. Unreal. Cheapest ones still available were $101 per seat. And they weren't great seats. And Sun Trust Field ain't no Fenway!

  8. #68
    Any Cleveland area Sox fans here? I’ve got tickets for the Friday and Sunday game, just one seat; my daughter was going to join my wife and I for this trip (we live in Rochester, NY) but it looks like she won’t make it due to some late commitments. There’s still a slight chance she might make the Friday game, but Sunday is definitely out. Friday night tickets are upper left field bleacher seats, Sunday is much better, first baseline. I paid $50/seat for the Friday tickets when I bought them earlier in the year, $150/seat for the Sunday tickets. Will let them go for 1/2 price. If interested, please email me: ohgunrunner@yahoo.com.
    Go Sawx!
    Mike

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunrunner View Post
    Any Cleveland area Sox fans here? Iíve got tickets for the Friday and Sunday game, just one seat; my daughter was going to join my wife and I for this trip (we live in Rochester, NY) but it looks like she wonít make it due to some late commitments. Thereís still a slight chance she might make the Friday game, but Sunday is definitely out. Friday night tickets are upper left field bleacher seats, Sunday is much better, first baseline. I paid $50/seat for the Friday tickets when I bought them earlier in the year, $150/seat for the Sunday tickets. Will let them go for 1/2 price. If interested, please email me: ohgunrunner@yahoo.com.
    Go Sawx!
    Mike
    Update: Just sold the Sunday ticket via SeatGeek.

  10. #70
    El mar no cesa iortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    13,105
    Since I’m convinced my Sox will make the WS, I’m planning to go LOL!

    Said that, does anybody know how to get tickets to WS? Will they sell them at the RS page just like in regular season or is there a different procedure to get them?
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

  11. #71
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Springfield, VA
    Posts
    7,178
    Where do I get one of those WS grey hoodies/sweatshirts the Sox were wearing?

  12. #72
    Legend S5Dewey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    6,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Where do I get one of those WS grey hoodies/sweatshirts the Sox were wearing?
    Fanatics.com or any place that sells World Series gear.
    https://www.fanatics.com/mlb/boston-...m-HNAFM:i-r0c1
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

  13. #73
    El mar no cesa iortiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    13,105
    I placed an order like 2 months ago at mlbshop.com and it hasn't arrived yet. Their service is terrible. One day you speak with someone and tell you one thing and another they say you a completely different thing. Yes, the official web place of the MLB to buy things on internet.

    One day, they told me that my order was already shipped. After a while, since my order didn't arrive, I called them back again to track it, and they told me that they don't send to Mexico, and I said, WTF? (they told me that it was already shipped) and they told that my money was going to be refunded, and I said, it sucks but it's oks. A week after that, I noticed that my money wasn't refunded yet, so I called them back again, and they told me that it was going to arrive on December 20th which hasn't happened, of course, once again, I said wtf? (They told me that they don't send to Mexico) but I didn't have a choice but to wait. After that, I called them back again, and they told me that my shipment was going to arrive soon, so I asked for the tracking number and carrier, but they told me that they don't have/share that information, once again I said WTF? It must be joke! so I told them, you send a lot of things and don't have a way to track them? really? who the fuck runs this place? Today, they haven't refunded my money and my shipment hasn't arrived. It is literally in the limbo. Nobody there knows a goddamn thing about my order.

    Becareful, I just noticed that Mlbshop.com runs with the same platform of fanatics.com

    It's unbelievable that the official web page of the MLB that sell things works this way. A complete joke in my experience.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

  14. #74
    Legend S5Dewey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    6,686
    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    I placed an order like 2 months ago at mlbshop.com and it hasn't arrived yet. Their service is terrible. One day you speak with someone and tell you one thing and another they say you a completely different thing. Yes, the official web place of the MLB to buy things on internet.

    One day, they told me that my order was already shipped. After a while, since my order didn't arrive, I called them back again to track it, and they told me that they don't send to Mexico, and I said, WTF? (they told me that it was already shipped) and they told that my money was going to be refunded, and I said, it sucks but it's oks. A week after that, I noticed that my money wasn't refunded yet, so I called them back again, and they told me that it was going to arrive on December 20th which hasn't happened, of course, once again, I said wtf? (They told me that they don't send to Mexico) but I didn't have a choice but to wait. After that, I called them back again, and they told me that my shipment was going to arrive soon, so I asked for the tracking number and carrier, but they told me that they don't have/share that information, once again I said WTF? It must be joke! so I told them, you send a lot of things and don't have a way to track them? really? who the fuck runs this place? Today, they haven't refunded my money and my shipment hasn't arrived. It is literally in the limbo. Nobody there knows a goddamn thing about my order.

    Becareful, I just noticed that Mlbshop.com runs with the same platform of fanatics.com

    It's unbelievable that the official web page of the MLB that sell things works this way. A complete joke in my experience.
    I've had good luck with both Fanatics and MLBshop but I'm in the US.

    I understand your frustration though. I ordered a Mookie Betts game-type shirt for my granddaughter (gotta raise 'em right!) from an outfit called "fanzoutlet.com" through a website located in Chicago on December 13. On the 14th they sent me confirmation that it was shipped and a tracking number - which doesn't work. I should have been apprehensive when the tracking number was for Canadian parcel post. Canada Parcel say it's not in their system.

    NOW I find out fanzoutlet is a Chinese organization and other people have had trouble with them too. Looks like I'm out $49 (ok, I got lured in by the low price ) because Visa won't investigate any charge less than $50.

    The moral: Don't buy anything from fanzoutlet.com. Learn from my mistake.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

  15. #75
    Hi all,

    Just looking for a little info. Coming over from the UK the 8th - 12th June for my 10 yr wedding anniversary. I am hoping to catch one of the Rangers games on the 10th/11th. However it looks like the tickets are not released yet. When do these games normally go on sale as the early months up to May and September games seem to have been released. Or have I missed the sale?

    Staying just down the way from Fenway so I am very much looking forward to visiting.

    Thanks for any help in advance!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •