Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ticket Discussion: Sales, Trades, Giveaways, and Information

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by pookie View Post
    Hi all,

Hubby and I are planning on a driving trip to watch the Red Sox. We are hoping not to stay at hotels near Fenway Park because they are so expensive. I would appreciate it if someone could suggest a nice suburban area with hotels that is not too far from Boston, and that it is near commuter transportation that will take us to Fenway Park?

KC
    I stayed at a Fairfield Inn by Marriott in Dedham about a five-minute walk from the Franklin Line South Station.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...boston-dedham/

The MBTA trip to Fenway Park requires a transfer at the Back Bay Station.
    Last edited by harmony; 05-23-2018 at 06:08 PM.

https://www.talksox.com/forum/thread...ghlight=Fenway

This comes up a lot. See the link above.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Hi all,

Hubby and I are planning on a driving trip to watch the Red Sox. We are hoping not to stay at hotels near Fenway Park because they are so expensive. I would appreciate it if someone could suggest a nice suburban area with hotels that is not too far from Boston, and that it is near commuter transportation that will take us to Fenway Park?

KC
    An obvious one is a Days Inn or Holiday Inn Express at the terminus of the Riverside Line of the T. I don't know which motel it is since I don't drive by there much anymore.

In any case, the subway "T" station is directly behind the motel so you can walk.

The Riverside Line will take you right into the Fenway stop and Kenmore Square. Take your pick.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

harmony, thanks!

Thank you for the link!

I will look that up, thank you!

mvp 78, one of your old posts you wrote "Just don't get RF grandstand seats", may I ask why are those seats bad?

mvp 78, one of your old posts you wrote "Just don't get RF grandstand seats", may I ask why are those seats bad?
    Some of the RF grandstand seats don't face the infield, they face the outfield so you spend a lot of the game with your head turned. Just not very comfortable. My least favorite part of the ballpark.

I know they fixed some of the seats, but I still believe there are some that haven't been corrected.

https://www.ihg.com/hotelindigo/hote...N-_-US-_-BOSNT

This is the link to the Hotel on Grove St. in Newton. It is a simple walk of about 150 yards to the MBTA Riverside Line where you get on a train and ride non-stop into Fenway. It does not get much easier than this.
    There is also a Hotel on Beacon St. in Brookline where you can get on the MBTA train Boston College / Cleveland Circle Line and it will drop you off at Fenway 1o minutes later. I'll see if I can find a link.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

https://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us...717468&qRad=30

Lol. Here is the link to the Holiday in on Beacon Street in Brookline.

This is very close and very simple plus there are tons of good eats in the area.

You will have to drive into "the city" to get there from Rt.128/95 but it is easy to find.

I appreciate it!

I appreciate it!
    Did anyone mention yet that in return for all this great advice, at the game you attend, you are required to hold up a sign that says 'Talksox Rocks!'?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Did anyone mention yet that in return for all this great advice, at the game you attend, you are required to hold up a sign that says 'Talksox Rocks!'?
    Aim for that Road Warriors pop!

Great promotion for an MLB team.

lol.