Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees Off Season Thread

It's not THAT much closer to Atlanta. It's 800 miles from Houston to Atlanta. It's 900 miles from NYC to Atlanta.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

mccann to Stros is official

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenCurry30 View Post
    mccann to Stros is official
    Not a bad deal at all. I had wanted in a dream world Whitley or even Paulino but Abreu and Guzman seem like nice high upside arms. I wonder if they keep dealing and trade Headley and Gardner. Maybe even Pineda?

I think Cashman signs Beltran for a 1 year deal at 12.5 million with the money he saved. I hope we go after Holland for 2 years 20 or 22 million.

The Stros also signed Reddick ($52M/4).

Is it true the Yanks will pay $5.5M of McCann's remaining contract?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The Stros also signed Reddick ($52M/4).
    That's a good deal for Reddick. He is injured half the time, it seems.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Abreu was #7 in stros system. Both guys top out over 100mph

All-Star
    Really hoping we can trade Betances for a huge haul. Sign Chapman (5/90) and Melancon (4/50) and maybe even Holland for (2/22). I'd like to pass on Beltran and maybe go for Matt Holiday now.

I don't deal Betances. I absolutely sign Chapman. That turns our back end into a killer 1-2 combo again. Melancon will get more than 4-50 and he struggles in the spotlight. He struggled in Ny and Bos.

CC is a tough one. He was quietly our second best pitcher and is being paid $30 mil. If we eat too much, then it's a waste and if we don't get someone big league ready, we're hurting our 2017 team.

All-Star
    I'm expecting to see another under the radar type trade as Cash did with the Clippard one or maybe sign Ziegler. Chapman is a must unless someone offers more than 100 million. The dude is a most watch on TV and the Yankees know that.

I think we get Chapman regardless of price. Yes, he is must see TV. But also, he proved on both the playoff stage and the NYC stage that he is the goods. But the big thing with him is the lack of draft pick compensation. Jansen is a great sign as well, aside from the pick comp.
    Hal sucks

Hey Doc, do you see the Yankees being in on EE?

I just think he is an obvious choice to be a DH/1st for NY.

Am I wrong?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Hey Doc, do you see the Yankees being in on EE?

I just think he is an obvious choice to be a DH/1st for NY.

Am I wrong?
    IMO, the Yankees signing Encarnacion would kind of defeat the purpose of what they are seemingly trying to do.

My understanding is that they're pushing pretty hard for Beltran.

I'd like to see none in pinstripes to be honest. We're trying to get under the cap to reset penalties before splurging on the 2018 FA class