Register now to remove this ad

Thread: How have you designed your home theater?

How have you designed your home theater?

I own a condo and I do not have the required space to have a luxurious home theater. I've been thinking of doing something innovative. To recreate the space or something, so that I could have a proper home theater. Can anyone give any ideas on this? Currently, I've placed my LCD and speakers in my living room and the couch is placed towards its right. That's the space I can afford and that is so not comfortable.

does the condo have a spare bedroom?
    what's not comfortable with your current setup? the couch? or the viewing angle?
    other names i have posted under: none

The couch, the viewing angle, everything. The couch is pretty small, just two seated. I've been thinking of getting a bigger one. Cause I sometimes prefer lying down while watching something. But there's no space for it. Plus, I'll soon be getting an Xbox. So I want the space to be more comfortable, for at leas two players to fit in properly. But, I'm not sure how. I'm however, searching the net for some innovative ideas. Hope to find something soon.
    Last edited by Geo245; 10-04-2016 at 06:19 AM.

Hey! Did you guys know that a ship container could be converted into a home theater? I was searching for some renovation ideas and I found this blog on how a ship container can be converted into a home theater. http://www.securecontainer.ca/how-to...ontainer-room/ I wonder whether this could be the perfect thing for me. I mean, we do have a good backyard for an extra room. So, what do you guys think of this idea? Do you think it could be illegal in any way? Please do share your opinion on this. I however, don't know where I could find a perfect container for less cost, yet it's just a thought of trying it out. So, please do share your views on it.

you may want to get a couple movie theater type recliners. they wont take up a lot of space and can recline if you want to lay down. i would not recommend a shipping container.
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Geo245 View Post
    Hey! Did you guys know that a ship container could be converted into a home theater? I was searching for some renovation ideas and I found this blog on how a ship container can be converted into a home theater. http://www.securecontainer.ca/how-to...ontainer-room/ I wonder whether this could be the perfect thing for me. I mean, we do have a good backyard for an extra room. So, what do you guys think of this idea? Do you think it could be illegal in any way? Please do share your opinion on this. I however, don't know where I could find a perfect container for less cost, yet it's just a thought of trying it out. So, please do share your views on it.
    You have a good backyard for an extra room?

What's your spending budget for all this?