Register now to remove this ad

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: ALDS Game 3

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Fire everyone, trade everyone. Burn it down and start over.

Seriously though, that sucked, but the fact is the Sox lost to a very good team. I'm obviously disappointed that they seemed to hit a rough stretch offensively at just the wrong time. It happens sometimes over the course of a season, but this was just a really bad time for it. Oh well. Time to sit back and root for the Cubs.
    The craziest thing is, the Indians lost two aces during the season. The Indians are legit and are probably the odds on favorites in the AL next yr provided Salazar and Carrasco are healthy
    Hal sucks

I will say, I will not miss watching Ortiz bash the fuck out of my team.
    Hal sucks

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The craziest thing is, the Indians lost two aces during the season. The Indians are legit and are probably the odds on favorites in the AL next yr provided Salazar and Carrasco are healthy
    Yeah, I have far less of an issue with this series loss than some others I might have. They didn't get swept by a made-it-by-inches-83-and-79 WC team or lose 10 games in a row during the regular season to bottom-feeders like Atlanta or the Phillies. They got swept by one of the best teams in baseball, and after the first game and the first half of the second, I already saw it coming. It sucks, but it's not the end of the world. This hurts a lot less than the 2005 ALDS, being swept after coming off the high of being the defending WS champs all year, and it hurts a hell of a lot less than sucking for two straight years.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

I could understand that, and it is a show of respect.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Kind of like I don't miss Rivera taking away the 9th inning.

The only reason I might shed a tear in the next few hours is because the last player who I cannot remember a time without has gone off into the sunset, in a manner that was less than desirable. Furthermore, the departure of David Ortiz marks the end of my childhood, 6 days before my 18th birthday. He is the reason I am a Red Sox fan, and the reason I will always be one.

What I want to see everybody do now is to remain mature. Acknowledge the efforts of the Indians. Recognize the talent on their roster. Personally, I would like the Indians to do something magical, for the sake of my aunt and uncle who have been die hard Cleveland sports fans forever. Hold your heads high. All of our young players needed to get their feet wet. Well be back next year. We'll be back for many years. The role for us in the remaining days of postseason baseball is to be grateful that anybody who wins the World Series this year will have a great backstory. For the sake of your baseball fandom, please enjoy it. I know I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Yeah, I have far less of an issue with this series loss than some others I might have. They didn't get swept by a made-it-by-inches-83-and-79 WC team or lose 10 games in a row during the regular season to bottom-feeders like Atlanta or the Phillies. They got swept by one of the best teams in baseball, and after the first game and the first half of the second, I already saw it coming. It sucks, but it's not the end of the world. This hurts a lot less than the 2005 ALDS, being swept after coming off the high of being the defending WS champs all year, and it hurts a hell of a lot less than sucking for two straight years.
    Yes didn't we get swept then too? I seem to have blocked that series with the Sox out lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    The only reason I might shed a tear in the next few hours is because the last player who I cannot remember a time without has gone off into the sunset, in a manner that was less than desirable. Furthermore, the departure of David Ortiz marks the end of my childhood, 6 days before my 18th birthday. He is the reason I am a Red Sox fan, and the reason I will always be one.

What I want to see everybody do now is to remain mature. Acknowledge the efforts of the Indians. Recognize the talent on their roster. Personally, I would like the Indians to do something magical, for the sake of my aunt and uncle who have been die hard Cleveland sports fans forever. Hold your heads high. All of our young players needed to get their feet wet. Well be back next year. We'll be back for many years. The role for us in the remaining days of postseason baseball is to be grateful that anybody who wins the World Series this year will have a great backstory. For the sake of your baseball fandom, please enjoy it. I know I will.
    This!!!! Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post

I like this team, I don't blame them for how the season ends. I blame Farrell and the FO. 99% of my issues has been with their decision making, not the players. I mean, sure, I hate Panda, but I hate it because of the stupid money they threw at him, knowing the issues he has and the fact that he isn't worth half of what he got strictly in production.

I look forward to next year and seeing the kids improve, but it sucks Papi is gone. Really sucks. Bad. Farrell has to go though. I'll lose my mind if they let him stick around for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Shaw/Panda please get them out my viewing screen this offseason.
    Panda would have walked off there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Boggs View Post
    Congrats to Ortiz. What a legend.
    Yup. I know he's disappointed right now, but he should look back on this season and his entire career with pride, enjoyment, and happiness.

He went out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Red Sox made the playoffs, Yankees didn't = a good season.
    ^^This.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Panda would have [walked] rolled off there.
    Corrected
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101 View Post
    I like this team, I don't blame them for how the season ends. I blame Farrell and the FO. 99% of my issues has been with their decision making, not the players. I mean, sure, I hate Panda, but I hate it because of the stupid money they threw at him, knowing the issues he has and the fact that he isn't worth half of what he got strictly in production.

I look forward to next year and seeing the kids improve, but it sucks Papi is gone. Really sucks. Bad. Farrell has to go though. I'll lose my mind if they let him stick around for next season.
    I still think Farrell can do some good with this team. He has made some bad decisions there is no question. But I'm not sure there is any other manage out there I would rather have right now.... we could get someone who might come in and try and rebuild the team too much and fuck it up. We were a bad Porcello inning away from taking game 1 and today could have gone either way. We had a great season and Farrell did his part.

Besides the fact I don't think anybody is going to beat the Cubs regardless

The thing you guys need to look at is that you arrived early. This team shouldn't have won 90 games. The progression of your younger players plus the development in the pitching department came faster than anticipated. I think next yr, you'll gut your farm to get a true ace, sign some power to replace Ortiz and roll out there with Moncada and Beni in the starting lineup. You are at the beginning of your window. Granted, you are losing your best hitter, but the remnants of that lineup are great
    Hal sucks