Register now to remove this ad

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: ALDS Game 3

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Corrected
    LOL Either way, we would be playing tomorrow!

But seriously, it's disappointing right now, but you just tip your hat to a team that outplayed us this series, and think about how great our team played most of the season.

Nothing to hang your heads about boys!

Here's to rooting for an Indians/Cubs World Series.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The thing you guys need to look at is that you arrived early. This team shouldn't have won 90 games. The progression of your younger players plus the development in the pitching department came faster than anticipated. I think next yr, you'll gut your farm to get a true ace, sign some power to replace Ortiz and roll out there with Moncada and Beni in the starting lineup. You are at the beginning of your window. Granted, you are losing your best hitter, but the remnants of that lineup are great
    Or sign Chris Sale

He's not a free agent

This season was a ton of fun to be a part of.

Good times on here too...
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    He's not a free agent
    Ya my bad. Stephen Strasburg then lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    LOL Either way, we would be playing tomorrow!

But seriously, it's disappointing right now, but you just tip your hat to a team that outplayed us this series, and think about how great our team played most of the season.

Nothing to hang your heads about boys!

Here's to rooting for an Indians/Cubs World Series.
    I'll be rooting for the Cubs. They have a great team. They are on the way of sweeping the Giants.

Would love to see Theo and company break the jinx. I think they will.

With me living in Massachusetts this sucks for me. With them losing to Cleveland, PAPI retired. It sucks.

Peace out everybody have a good night.

Well it certainly blows that I have to shelve my main hobby ( watching every Sox game ) until April.

It's sad to see Papi crying on the mound after watching him come through so many times for my team.

But I am optimistic about 2017. I agree with Jacko. This team did arrive a little ahead of schedule and the nucleus for a very good team is in place.

I am not looking forward to seeing and hearing all the Farrell bashing that will come. I say he stays because he has not done a bad job and because there probably isn't a better manager available to replace his two neurons.

I am hoping that Tito humiliates the Jays and that Napoli has a huge post season. Same with Miller, and even Crisp.

But, the Jays are a tough match-up.

I want the Indians and Cubs in the series. And as much as it would be a cool story for the Cubs to win it all, I'd much prefer to see Tito get another ring.

So blow me.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

This night, the night the Red Sox get knocked out, just so happens to be the 91st birthday of the man who taught me how to love them. RIP Grandpa.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Well it certainly blows that I have to shelve my main hobby ( watching every Sox game ) until April.

It's sad to see Papi crying on the mound after watching him come through so many times for my team.

But I am optimistic about 2017. I agree with Jacko. This team did arrive a little ahead of schedule and the nucleus for a very good team is in place.

I am not looking forward to seeing and hearing all the Farrell bashing that will come. I say he stays because he has not done a bad job and because there probably isn't a better manager available to replace his two neurons.

I am hoping that Tito humiliates the Jays and that Napoli has a huge post season. Same with Miller, and even Crisp.

But, the Jays are a tough match-up.

I want the Indians and Cubs in the series. And as much as it would be a cool story for the Cubs to win it all, I'd much prefer to see Tito get another ring.

So blow me.
    Tito showed the killer-instinct in the series. Once he got us down, he went to his horses and locked it down.

It was a fun year with a disappointing end.

I too will be looking to fill some time now that the Red Sox are packing it in for 2016. Tomorrow I will mourn and then get ready for next season.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I was surprised Leon kept being trotted out there. No PH'er.

He looked totally lost.

I have serious doubts about him having the starting job next spring.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    That picture shows up perfectly fine in every post you deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Conor Gillespie just put the Giants ahead of the Cubs beating Chapman and hanging a blown save on him in the 8th inning. Connor Gillespie?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    That picture shows up perfectly fine in every post you deleted.
    The only time I've ever felt about a player was when I was way young and the Boomer left the Sox............ this means more to me..........

boy am I sad right now.......
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Conor Gillespie just put the Giants ahead of the Cubs beating Chapman and hanging a blown save on him in the 8th inning. Connor Gillespie?
    I guess he's this year's Daniel Murphy or David Freese or whatever. He'll fade into obscurity soon enough after this postseason is over. The Cubs will win this DS anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.