Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sox losing a lot of personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Emp9 View Post
    I wasn't too concerned about the GM position. Being President of baseball operations, DD is pretty much the GM. However, seeing this mass exodus of VP of Int'l & amateur scouting Sawdaye (Arizona), Assistant director of amateur scouting Sanders (Toronto) sorta' worries me a little. Senior analyst Tom Tippett is another familiar name who's left. Deeble (who I'm not familiar with) has left as well. I'm not suggesting anything of why, besides promotional positions from other teams they couldn't get here mainly. Plus, I think they've done a great job and ( besides SP which isn't entirely their fault) set us up nicely... all things considered. Does anyone here have an inside track as to who the Sox would or should be looking towards for replacements?
    Turnover in the front office is a bye product of two things, opportunity for growth and change in leadership.

To me the question that remains unanswered is can Dombrowski given the resources, deliver a championship while continuing to build a productive farm...time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Beantowne View Post
    Turnover in the front office is a bye product of two things, opportunity for growth and change in leadership.

To me the question that remains unanswered is can Dombrowski given the resources, deliver a championship while continuing to build a productive farm...time will tell...
    Yes, he deserves a chance to show what he can do.

I will mention that I see little evidence from his long history to show he has the skills to build a very good farm system.