Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Robinson Cano busted for PED

  1. #1

    Robinson Cano busted for PED

    obinson Cano Facing 80-Game PED Suspension

    By Jeff Todd | May 15, 2018 at 12:58pm CDT

    Mariners star Robinson Cano is facing an eighty-game suspension for PED usage, according to reports from Hector Gomez of Deportivo Z 101 (via Twitter) and Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic (Twitter link). An announcement has yet to be made but may be issued today.

  2. #2
    There goes his HoF chances.

  3. #3
    So do those 80 games only take effect after he's off the DL?

  4. #4
    Yes, but they can activate him after 10 games. He tested positive for a diuretic, so while he didn’t get slammed for a PED, he was hit for a masking agent

  5. #5
    What is he trying to "mask"?

  6. #6
    Is it just a coincidence he was close friends with Melky Cabrera who was also busted for PEDs?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Yes, but they can activate him after 10 games. He tested positive for a diuretic, so while he didn’t get slammed for a PED, he was hit for a masking agent
    Doc how does a diuretic mask anything?

    Don't they just make you piss? I understand drinking a lot of water and pissing it out can help get ride of many things but isn't getting caught just a crap shoot if the samples

    are taken at random times?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    Is it just a coincidence he was close friends with Melky Cabrera who was also busted for PEDs?
    Cano was also close to ARod. BTW, ARod is close to G.Sanchez. I sometimes wonder about him.

    I do think Cano may have been on a HOF trajectory, but that is over with. Good. I remember Yankees fans use to argue that Cano was better than Pedroia; that argument can't be supported anymore.

    Is this the biggest name busted for steroids since ARod and that Miami clinic? I guess Braun was a big name too. I can't think of anyone else. Dee Gordon isn't a big name. If I'm not mistaken, Manny Ramirez tested positive prior to the Miami clinic.

    Just when it looked like the Mariners would compete this year..... They will probably fall apart now....

    If the Mariners do make the playoffs, I believe Cano wouldn't be eligible to play in the postseason, right?
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 05-15-2018 at 01:52 PM.

  9. #9
    I've said it all along, "They should test the locker room drinking fountain at Yankees Stadium."

  10. #10
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA. another yankee player busted for roids.
    no surprise here. cheating culture is rampant in that place. only a matter of time before sanchez, Giancarlo, and judge get clipped....
    other names i have posted under: none

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA. another yankee player busted for roids.
    no surprise here. cheating culture is rampant in that place. only a matter of time before sanchez, Giancarlo, and judge get clipped....
    I was waiting to see when you'd surface with that comment. Took 55 minutes, longer than I expected.

  12. #12
    Well that's sort of a shame.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    I was waiting to see when you'd surface with that comment. Took 55 minutes, longer than I expected.
    The last Yankee Dynasty was fueled by roids. They were walking around the locker room with needles sticking out of their asses and hypocrite Joe Torre saw nothing ... and now he is the conscience of the game. What a joke!!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  14. #14
    Oh! The hypocrisy!

  15. #15
    It looks like the decision is final.
    Robinson Cano Suspended For 80 Games

    By Jeff Todd | May 15, 2018 at 1:40pm CDT
    1:16pm: Cano was suspended for a diuretic known as furosemide that is prohibited by the JDA among other diuretics and masking agents, as Jon Heyman of Fan Rag tweetedand the league has since announced. Since the ban begins immediately, Cano will be eligible to return in the middle of August.
    Cano has issued a statement through the MLBPA (Twitter link) in which he says the “substance was given to [him] by a licensed doctor in the Dominican Republic to treat a medical ailment.”

    As ESPN.com’s T.J. Quinn rightly points out on Twitter, though, the JDA does not treat diuretics and masking agents in the same manner it does PEDs themselves. Here’s the language from the JDA, Section 3(F):
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •