Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Season General Discussion Thread

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Our old friend tazawa just gave up a grand salami lol. Fuck you Junichi!
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I was a big Taz fan, he definitely got overworked and I wish him nothing but the best. Hard to hate on a guy who contributed positively to a world series winning team and left on good terms.
    Well said.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Fuck you Junichi!
    Nope.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

So in my money fantasy league I tried an absurd strategy just to see if it would work in an auction draft. I went for literally all offense, literally 1 starting pitcher and a ton of low end shitty closers (guys like Jim Johnson, and waiver wire pickups like Matt Bush, Bud Norris. etc) and my team is in first place. I spent all my money on the likes of Trout, Mookie, Miggy, Cano, Turner, Gary Sanchez, Cargo (been a bust) and got a ton of late guys cheap (Brantley $1, Suarez $1, Cozart $1) and due to people incredibly impatient and dropping guys like Bumgarner, Bautista, and Nunez, my team is now:

C: Gary Sanchez
    1B: Miguel Cabrera
    2B:Cesar Hernandez
    SS: Zach Cozart
    3B: Eugenio Suarez
    1B/3B: Cody Bellinger
    SS/2B: Eduardo Nunez
    OF: Mookie
    OF: Trout
    OF: Stanton
    OF: Brantley
    OF: Bautista
    Util: Carlos Gonzalez
    Bench: Robinson Cano (DL), Justin Turner (DL), Aaron Altherr

Pitching: Jim Johnson, Bud Norris, Tony Watson, Matt Bush, Justin Wilson, Corey Knebel, Hector Neris, Rick Porcello, Madison Bumgarner (He got dropped after his injury so the guy could stream AJ Griffin lol) and then I have an open spot where I just stream random guys, mostly guys who play the Padres.

I don't think I've ever had a team this stacked. I'm winning every offensive category except SB (A dude who has Hamilton and Gordon), and pitching I'm easily winning saves, K's and wins as I just stream good matchups since its a 10 team league and there is always decent guys on wire, and am basically punting ERA/WHIP. I can't believe there is money on the line in this league. I loved work leagues with casuals lol.

This ESPN Sunday Night announcing crew is insufferable. If you replaced them with 3 rocks, the intelligence in the booth would not go down a tick.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Ervin Santana shutout the O's on 2 hits tonight. He has been having an excellent season.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

• It seems that righty Daniel Bard is back at a career crossroads, as he has been released by the Cardinals, according to Eddy’s report. Bard, once an elite bullpen arm with the Red Sox, ran up 19 walks in 8 2/3 outings at the Double-A level as he has continued to struggle to stay in the zone.
    He hasn't pitched in the majors since 2013 and he only appeared in 2 games that year.

He hasn't pitched in the majors since 2013 and he only appeared in 2 games that year.
    Bard's career hasn't been at a crossroads since he was let go from the Sox, it's just been circling the drain.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Bard's career hasn't been at a crossroads since he was let go from the Sox, it's just been circling the drain.
    It was circling the drain while he was with the Red Sox.

"I got it, I got it....I don't got it."

https://twitter.com/MLBGIFs/status/868301497544482816
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

What the hell's happened to Baltimore? Not complaining, it's just surprising.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Surprising they're 13th in runs allowed and 19th in runs scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer team.

Baltimore was playing over their heads earlier. They were outplaying their run differential, or in other words, getting somewhat lucky. They shouldn't be as bad as they're playing right now either, but they weren't as good as they were playing earlier.

This is why you can't judge a lot over a one month sample, good or bad. In baseball, things can change very quickly.

Stupid article. You swing at a pitch, it's a strike, moron.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/mi...195809302.html
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Really, Hunter Strickland? You wait 3 years to get back at Bryce Harper for daring to watch a HR that was done the line? So what, he hit two massive bombs off you BUT YOU WON THE SERIES. What a bitch.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win