Register now to remove this ad

Page 100 of 171 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2553

Thread: Should Jackie Bradley Jr be traded?

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Hang the dj hang the dj hang the dj.
    I used to like Stephen until he went bat shit cray
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    I used to like Stephen until he went bat shit cray
    He's the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

2017 with JBj starting .580 (not 571)
    4 out of 5 years the Sox are better with JBj starting in CF.
    Actually 5 out of 6 if we include 2018....
    I just did games played.

Deity
    I just did games played.
    That includes 41 games he played as a sub that resulted in only 24 plate appearances

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    That includes 41 games he played as a sub that resulted in only 24 plate appearances
    So? I thought his glove was good enough that one play would make all the difference?

I just did games played.
    sorry. has to be games started. FAKE NEWS!

So? I thought his glove was good enough that one play would make all the difference?
    the discussion is whether or not he should be the starting CFer.
    the discussion is whether having a light (or non) hitting #9 batter with excellent D skills causes L's.
    starts matter. some people will try and tell you starts are apples. but they aren't apples. they are starts.

sorry. has to be games started. FAKE NEWS!
    I ain't got time for that!

What a play by JBJ. To say he does this once a week does not mesh with reality but damned that was tremendous. Now that his bat is heating up maybe just maybe he has turned a corner?

Quote Originally Posted by Yaz Fan Since '67 View Post
    What a play by JBJ. To say he does this once a week does not mesh with reality but damned that was tremendous. Now that his bat is heating up maybe just maybe he has turned a corner?
    There are some positive signs with the bat. I think he's going to be okay.

Double A
    For what it's worth, in JBJ's last seven games when he's batted, he is hitting .304 (7 for 23) with three doubles, one triple and a .882 OPS. With his average as low as it's been, it's going to take awhile for it to become respectable, but maybe he finally has turned the corner with his hitting.

Deity
    JBJ made some good solid contact yesterday. Liked seeing him go to the opposite field. If he starts to hit just a little, we all will be able to breathe easy.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by royf19 View Post
    For what it's worth, in JBJ's last seven games when he's batted, he is hitting .304 (7 for 23) with three doubles, one triple and a .882 OPS. With his average as low as it's been, it's going to take awhile for it to become respectable, but maybe he finally has turned the corner with his hitting.
    Until JBJ has a quieter swing there is not much chance of him turning some hitting corner. He is streaky at the plate for a reason. He is streaky because his swing has too many moving parts and there are simply not that many periods during the course of a season when he can get all that stuff moving enough in unison to actually hit the baseball.

This time, it appears that he was carrying his front shoulder too high into the swing causing his head to tilt. He is dipping his front shoulder now to get it out of the way. But if history is any teacher before long he will be dipping it too far and end up with another swing problem. It would be better if JBJ simply had his front shoulder in the right place instead of having to dip it into the swing. But then he would not be JBJ.

The problem for JBJ at the plate is that he has both a noisy or busy swing and he does not realize that a hitter's swing is always changing if he does not pay attention to it. His lower body is noisy. His upper body is noisy. His head is all over the place. JBJ stubbornly goes 100 AB's without acknowledging to himself that he has worked his swing into yet another rut. Then again, if his swing were not so busy it might be easier for him realize the changes that are occurring.

He is 28 years old folks. This is him. If he can crawl back to being a .250 hitter with a 750 OPS that would be great. That would also be better than his lifetime .235 with 715 OPS. But there is a ton that the Sox can get away with this year because the quality of ball being passed off as MLB this year is a disgrace. So even his lifetime slash would be fine combined with his defense. So, I would not trade him and I would give him playing time as long as he can at least get back to his lifetime numbers. This is still a team that depends on its rotation to be its strength relative to the teams it plays. So a ++ defensive CFer is a big deal for this team as is a + Shortstop and a + Catcher would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Until JBJ has a quieter swing there is not much chance of him turning some hitting corner. He is streaky at the plate for a reason. He is streaky because his swing has too many moving parts and there are simply not that many periods during the course of a season when he can get all that stuff moving enough in unison to actually hit the baseball.

This time, it appears that he was carrying his front shoulder too high into the swing causing his head to tilt. He is dipping his front shoulder now to get it out of the way. But if history is any teacher before long he will be dipping it too far and end up with another swing problem. It would be better if JBJ simply had his front shoulder in the right place instead of having to dip it into the swing. But then he would not be JBJ.

The problem for JBJ at the plate is that he has both a noisy or busy swing and he does not realize that a hitter's swing is always changing if he does not pay attention to it. His lower body is noisy. His upper body is noisy. His head is all over the place. JBJ stubbornly goes 100 AB's without acknowledging to himself that he has worked his swing into yet another rut. Then again, if his swing were not so busy it might be easier for him realize the changes that are occurring.

He is 28 years old folks. This is him. If he can crawl back to being a .250 hitter with a 750 OPS that would be great. That would also be better than his lifetime .235 with 715 OPS. But there is a ton that the Sox can get away with this year because the quality of ball being passed off as MLB this year is a disgrace. So even his lifetime slash would be fine combined with his defense. So, I would not trade him and I would give him playing time as long as he can at least get back to his lifetime numbers. This is still a team that depends on its rotation to be its strength relative to the teams it plays. So a ++ defensive CFer is a big deal for this team as is a + Shortstop and a + Catcher would be nice.
    I appreciate your excellent analysis of JBJ's swing. I also notice that when he is going bad his swing gets very long. When he shortens the swing he gets quieter and makes better contact. In any case, I think DFAing Ramirez should quiet the trade Bradley talk. With HR on the rooster there was always the issue of trading Moreland's defense for Bradley's. Now that Ramirez is gone that should no longer be an issue.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post

Very good analysis. When you watch JD at the plate and compare him to Bradley the difference is striking. Remy during one of the broadcasts asked the production crew to put them on the screen side by side but I don't think that ever happened. JD's head follows the ball all the way to contact; Bradley does not. Like you said, he isn't going to change, partly because he has had too much practice repeating bad habits and partly because he is resistant to coaching. For the past week he is batting .300 with an OPS over .800, but I don't see that lasting for long. His swing has too many mechanical flaws.