Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 171 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Jackie Bradley Jr be traded?

Dumb idea.

No offense to the OP.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    We agree on this.
    First time.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    This is true. The "trade JBJ" seems like it comes up every season, then again in the off season.
    But only when he's not hitting..

He should be traded when he is hitting or after a season when he puts up some decent numbers.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    He should be traded when he is hitting or after a season when he puts up some decent numbers.
    Actually I'm all for keeping this outfield intact for as long as possible. ...

I agree, the defense alone makes this outfield outstanding, and even if JBJ doesn't hit (I still think he'll be fine), we know Mookie and Beni will.

I am firmly against trading JBJ.

I agree, the defense alone makes this outfield outstanding, and even if JBJ doesn't hit (I still think he'll be fine), we know Mookie and Beni will.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I am firmly against trading JBJ.
    I am in agreement with all three posts.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    he has been one of my favorites for years. still can't understand the prolonged slumps. i feel sorry for one so talented. i still think that he is of great value to us.

------------
    Actually I'm all for keeping this outfield intact for as long as possible.

-------------
    -------------

These two apparently opposing statements are alas likely to prove compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    ------------
    Actually I'm all for keeping this outfield intact for as long as possible.

-------------
    -------------

These two apparently opposing statements are alas likely to prove compatible.
    Are you seeing rumors?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Are you seeing rumors?
    Nope. Just the logic of resignation: (1) he shouldn't be traded until he starts hitting; (2) he should be kept as long as possible. (There's no conflict--I don't see him ever to return to hitting as he briefly did last year).

I have been one of Jackie's biggest critics. Never really saw what other people have seen in him in the past. But, having said that, I think it is far too easy to get on him now. I think he will come around, he's made me look like an asshole before. Don't trade him.
    "It happens to everybody, man. He's had 60 at-bats. A couple of years ago, I had 60 at-bats, and I was hitting .170, and everyone was ready to kill me, too. And what happened? Laser show. So, relax."

Deity

I get complaining about the offense, but the Sox aren't being held back by the #7 hitter. ..

Deity
    There is really no mention in this thread of trading Bradley for anything, so is this just about getting rid of home?

Not sure why the OP thinks the Sox are "screwed" if Bradley doesn't hit, either. Especially since he's the one guy who contributes the most without hitting...