Register now to remove this ad

Page 93 of 171 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2553

Thread: Should Jackie Bradley Jr be traded?

Legend
    Last 28 days JBJ is hitting .100, he's not that bad. 30K's in 70 Plate appearances. Damn.

Lat 14 days OBP (25+ PAs)
    .444 Betts
    .443 Beni
    .400 JD
    .400 Leon
    .364 Moreland
    .294 Bogey
    .280 JBJ
    .267 Nunez
    .224 HRam
    .224 Devers
    .194 Vaz

Quote Originally Posted by Yaz Fan Since '67 View Post
    Again that stat 2 posts up just shows how deceiving the WAR stat is. This is not basketball where a defender can make a difference every trip down the court. JBJ simply does not have the opportunity to show his defense by making difficult plays nearly as often, I will never believe he takes a hit away a week that other CF don't take away. Again that's a function of opportunities and respect for the other ML center fielders who can all make great plays, not a knock on JBJ.
    Last year, the best CF in terms of defensive runs saved was Buxton at +24. The worst was Span at -27. Those are the extremes, but the difference between those two is 51 runs or 5 games. Saying that Jackie can save the team 3 games defensively over a below average defender is not a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Irrelevant
    Not really. At the very least, this shows that the team is not losing or 'suffering' because JBJ is in the lineup.

Deity
    JBJ is really feeble at the plate right now and he needs to own that. I hope that he is. He got a great ovation from the fans yesterday after he got his hit. Not sure how he took that. If he comes off as being arrogant or stubborn with respect to his current pathetic play, fans will eventually turn and he will be gone. He probably still has us - we all want him to succeed for him as well as the team. If he gets through this crap situation and still comes off as someone who likes playing here, he will survive .

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Not really. At the very least, this shows that the team is not losing or 'suffering' because JBJ is in the lineup.
    Its irrelevant because that record is impacted by many other factors besides him being in the lineup. If we played the same team with the same SPs with the same lineups for each team you have then controlled for many more variables. Of course, that never happens, which makes using our record with him in the lineup NEARLY irrelevant.

Legend
    It might not hurt to send Jackie Bradley down to Triple A.

Bradley has posted a .165/.267/.252/.519 line in 39 games this year.

Last May the Seattle Mariners sent catcher Mike Zunino down to the minors after the former first-round pick had posted a .167/.250/.236/.486 line in his first 24 games. In 100 games after his recall on May 23, Zunino posted a .270/.349/.571/.921 the rest of the season.

Bradley and Zunino are defensively gifted streaky hitters born a year apart and drafted in the first round a year apart out of Southeastern Conference universities. Bradley entered this season with three years and 150 days of MLB service while Zunino had three years and 160 days of MLB service.

Its irrelevant because that record is impacted by many other factors besides him being in the lineup. If we played the same team with the same SPs with the same lineups for each team you have then controlled for many more variables. Of course, that never happens, which makes using our record with him in the lineup NEARLY irrelevant.
    Of course there are many other factors impacting the game. This is exactly why I don't like to blame any game on a specific player, play, or managerial decision.

That said, my point is that having Jackie in the line up has not created a record that's worse than when he's not in the line up.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post

Last May the Seattle Mariners sent catcher Mike Zunino down to the minors after the former first-round pick had posted a .167/.250/.236/.486 line in his first 24 games. In 100 games after his recall on May 23, Zunino posted a .270/.349/.571/.921 the rest of the season.

Bradley and Zunino are defensively gifted streaky hitters born a year apart and drafted in the first round a year apart out of Southeastern Conference universities. Bradley entered this season with three years and 150 days of MLB service while Zunino had three years and 160 days of MLB service.
    I think Jackie would probably benefit from some time in AAA, just to clear his head, if nothing else.

That said, I'd stick with him a little longer before making that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post

Really would hope this is what they decide to do with JBJ ...Devers and JBJ are my favorite players both have had a rough time this year .JBJ needs to slow things down to a full STOP ....then learn from the beginning the little things about batting again ...I believe in him .I get pissed at him like everyone but I believe he's a special player more than most even now .
    Last edited by Natick to NC; 05-21-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Of course there are many other factors impacting the game. This is exactly why I don't like to blame any game on a specific player, play, or managerial decision.

That said, my point is that having Jackie in the line up has not created a record that's worse than when he's not in the line up.
    Its possible that his presence caused us to lose games would would have won had a better hitter been in the lineup-because the factors such as the quality of the opposing pitcher or team may have been less competitive when he was in the lineup than when he wasn't. Many other factors could also play a role. Who on the Sox was resting when he played, for example. Unless you correct for the variables its impossible to know the impact of playing him. I do know this: he is a disaster with a bat in his hands and its likely his presence has cost us runs, if not games.

Deity
    Its possible that his presence caused us to lose games would would have won had a better hitter been in the lineup-because the factors such as the quality of the opposing pitcher or team may have been less competitive when he was in the lineup than when he wasn't. Many other factors could also play a role. Who on the Sox was resting when he played, for example. Unless you correct for the variables its impossible to know IP ththe impact of playing him. I do know this: he is a disaster with a bat in his hands and its likely his presence has cost us runs, if not games.

Its also likely his presence in the field has prevented runs and preserved games. Probably just ss many as his batting has cost.

The Sox are playing .680 baseball and among the best offenses in the league. Not likely they'd be doing much better with another hitter. Especially since their defense doesn't dazzle anyone by any measure...

I'm thinking we should start sitting HRam more often, and if that means JBJ gets more playing time than recently, so be it.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'm thinking we should start sitting HRam more often, and if that means JBJ gets more playing time than recently, so be it.
    Hanley was terrific in April, but he has slowed down considerably.

The Sox best all around lineup right now probably has Moreland at 1B, Bradley in CF and Martinez at DH. (And Holt at 2B, which seems odd for me to say.)

At least against RHP, that is the best one.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Hanley was terrific in April, but he has slowed down considerably.

The Sox best all around lineup right now probably has Moreland at 1B, Bradley in CF and Martinez at DH. (And Holt at 2B, which seems odd for me to say.)

At least against RHP, that is the best one.
    When Pedroia returns to reclaim 2B, will that change to Moreland at 1B, Holt in left, Beni in center, Betts in right, and Martinez at DH?