Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/14. Rays @ Fenway

Deity

5/14. Rays @ Fenway

Andriese vs. Pomeranz, Sox need this one. Another afternoon game dodging the storm.

I think we're about to go on a nice winning stretch.

Just a hunch.

I swear, if I'm off work and can watch a game I always get to see Pomeranz pitch, it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I swear, if I'm off work and can watch a game I always get to see Pomeranz pitch, it sucks.
    Lmao lately I feel that too

I don't think you have to worry about Pomeranz pitching today. And I guarantee, TB is not going to get a win.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Off day tomorrow--ditto last Monday. No need to save the bullpen. Must win home game against a weak road team.

Yesterday the bottom half of the order had more hits, 4 to 3, than the top half and scored 4 of the 6 runs. Bradley, also know as the wreck of the hesperus, had 2 of those hits. Are the titanic Sox not going down--105 years and about a month after the other one--after all? Will John "what icebergs, I don't see no stinkin icebergs" Farrell make still one more perilous journey thru an entire MLB season safely? Stay tuned . . .

Deity
    3d thru 6th hitters--bogie, beni, young, and moreland--were hitless yesterday but the Sox still scored 6. bogie ended his 15 game hitting streak.

the big switch is betts getting super hot and replacing beni as the hitting stats leader. mookie now leads the Sox in total bases, dingers, rbi's, OPS (.923!!), and his 2d in runs scored. bogie has the highest BA and OBP.

It doesn't matter how, just WIN!

Need Pom to put it together today. He has strung together several innings where he looks good but then one or two inning where he gets lit up.

Does it look like they will get the game in today?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Betts RF
    Pedroia 2B
    Bogaerts SS
    Benintendi LF
    Ramirez DH
    Moreland 1B
    Vazquez C
    Bradley CF
    Marrero 3B

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Does it look like they will get the game in today?
    The last I heard was that they are still on schedule for the normal start time.

That could change at any moment though.

They are hopeful of getting this one in. It's light rain, brisk and raw down here.

Happy Mother's Day 2 all the mothers out there.

peace out

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Boggs View Post
    They are hopeful of getting this one in. It's light rain, brisk and raw down here.

Happy Mother's Day 2 all the mothers out there.

peace out
    Thank you, and to everyone, Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful moms in your lives.

Moms are AWESOME!

On last thing of note. David Price will throw five innings in his rehab. If he can't because of weather elements , he will throw a bullpen indoors . That could change as well . That is the plan as of now.

Farrell said that after the game yesterday . Post game show with John Farrell.